• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Rise of Tomb Raider - ps4

praktik

TRIBE Member
I have this on deck, absolutely loved the tomb raider reboot before this so I'm sure I'm going to love it

Just unsure when I can pull away from fifa to play it!!

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
So, i had only just played a bit of Rise of the Tomb Raider when i realized i hadnt played the 2012/2013 reboot yet, and its in my Steam Library with all the DLC !

So I am now playing that instead, holding off till im done it to continue with ROTTR.

and for a 4 year old game, it looks and plays really nicely !

Sooooo glad i checked my library when I realized i hadnt played it yet * grins *

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Just finished the reboot from 2012/2013

Quite freaking good. Really enjoyable 13 hrs, great story and journey.

Stoked to get into the next one, but think i will play something different for a bit.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Overwatch for my go to 6 vs 6 or arcade style team FPS - great competitive and amazing overall gameplay.

Titanfall 2 - Campaign Mode so far, havent tried PvP yet.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is next on deck when im feeling something not FPS ish.

Otherwise a ton of stuff in my library that i havent even touched yet.

Might try out the Dark Souls series, or a racing game.

Waiting for the newest Mass Effect to come out as it looks bonkers.

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Currently playing this one. It started off amazing, blown away by the graphics and scenery, but gameplay seems a bit crappy.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
After playing the reboot all the way through, its a hybrid 3rd person / FPS, and i actually really enjoy the gameplay.

Are you using a Game Controller or Mouse and Keyboard?

I personally use Mouse and Keyboard and prefer it WAY more over controller.

ALSO

I want to play Zelda Breath of the Wild SOOOOOO badly.

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Actually, I do really like it. The beginning was sort of linear before I got to the Soviet Installation, where it opened up.

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Yeah...it was a great game. I'm usually anxious to finish games after a while of playing them. I didn't really want this one to end. Combat could be improved a bit.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
If you havent played the reboot , the game that led into this one. its also REALLY good.

I had so much fun with it, but kind of became a bit obsessed, so I am not playing the next one until my sober month starts at the end of this month.

praktik

TRIBE Member
The reboot was GREAT

Actually for games like this I think I put the Tomb Raider reboot (before this one) and Far Cry 3 in a bit of a special place for modern gaming - both games made me care about finishing and fucking beating the baddies.

Plus great mechanics and killer graphics for both titles didn't hurt.

My main issue is applying a lot of time and study to my FIFA play - so while I got a taste of the new one might be a while before I devote much more time to it. Got a buddy on twitter we are recording games and he's sending back detailed feedback with screenshots to help me get better lol!

Rocky

TRIBE Member
If you havent played the reboot , the game that led into this one. its also REALLY good.

I had so much fun with it, but kind of became a bit obsessed, so I am not playing the next one until my sober month starts at the end of this month.
I started playing back in 2013. I only played very little of it before heading out again on our motorcycle trip. I still have it on my a hard drive somewhere. Maybe I'll give it another go.