• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

ripping a nail off

jebac

TRIBE Member
ok so basically ive managed to rip the entire nail off my left pinkie off. this happened today while i was lifting weights at the gym. given the fact that i dont know what the fuck im doing with weights (duuuuuuh lift only as much as you can duhhhh) i lifted too much while benching with dumbbells and hit the weight against my pinkie ripping off my nail, but not TOTALLY. i mean its off, but a part of it is still connected.

sooooooo. ive sort of pushed it back into place and put bandages on it. will it be ok or will it fall off? :( i have to train muay thai and this is not good!

how long till it gets bettterrrrrr???

-jebac

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

rhyss

TRIBE Member
I did the same thing picking up laundry three weeks ago (got stuck in the hardwood floor). I tried to put it back on right away with crazy glue (a trick from my sister with super bad psoriasis). It hurt like hell for two days, but it did grow back in about the same place.

I suggest tape and crazy glue if you need to go on with your life.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

jebac

TRIBE Member
pics will deff come if it falls of/starts decaying, etc

atleast i wasnt a little bitch and not finish my set

-jebac

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
Does it look like this?

fingernail.png

No more poo nail for you....

jebac

TRIBE Member
no actually it doesnt. mine is ripped out totally... imagine an guy grabbing your nail with pliers and pulling it out, so its totally out, not half way broken

-jebac

HaliBubba

TRIBE Promoter
true story.. when i was about 12.. i got asteriods for my atari 2600 for xmas (yes i'm old school). i was a pure geek and mastered the game. this one time, i played it non-stop for at least 7-8 hours just to see what would happen when i passed level 99 (it just went back to 1 but it was really level 100). anyways.. i was firing so much that my thumbnail turned black, and then.. my nail fell off. it took about a month to grow back.

m0ff

TRIBE Member
rhyss said:
I did the same thing picking up laundry three weeks ago (got stuck in the hardwood floor). I tried to put it back on right away with crazy glue (a trick from my sister with super bad psoriasis). It hurt like hell for two days, but it did grow back in about the same place.

I suggest tape and crazy glue if you need to go on with your life.

That's the grossest thing I've ever heard...innovative if it actually works though.
I had a pretty bad accident when I was about 11 years old where all my finger nails (with the exception of my thumb nails) were ripped off (and all of my fingers dislocated and all 8 fingers requiring 2-5 stitches). I found it made it less hurty to keep it covered with gauze and tape...lets a little bit of air in, but not so much where you want to just cut your damn finger off. As the skin becomes less sensitive let it open to air increasingly more each day.

mingster

TRIBE Member
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

your nail is not going to fuse back onto your finger. you'll have to wait for it to grow back. but with any luck, your finger will not be permanently deformed. ps it's fucking painful, ain't it?

m0ff

TRIBE Member
^^
just for the record after my horror story.
All of my finger nails grew back perfectly fine, and there are no physical indicators that the accident ever happened. :D

jebac

TRIBE Member
well it doesnt feel as good as getting a blowjob from two large breasted women while one is working the shaft and the other the head

but its not pain, its just annoying...

i was more angry than anything, and still am

-jebac

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
I lost my thumb nail a few years ago in a car door. Supercompression when i closed the car door on my thumb. It really f#%$ing hurt. I couldn't really use my hand very effectively for a week or 2. The whole thing filled with blood and the pressure from it pushed the nail off. looked pretty much like the pic above. i found that soaking it in warm water with epsom salt (kosher salt) helped with the swelling somewhat. The nail grew back with a slightly different than it was before....but not really disfigured at all. Good luck training mauy thai with it...tho it might be okay cause you are using wraps.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
EltrikSoulCntlr said:
I lost my thumb nail a few years ago in a car door. Supercompression when i closed the car door on my thumb. It really f#%$ing hurt. I couldn't really use my hand very effectively for a week or 2. The whole thing filled with blood and the pressure from it pushed the nail off. looked pretty much like the pic above. i found that soaking it in warm water with epsom salt (kosher salt) helped with the swelling somewhat. The nail grew back with a slightly different than it was before....but not really disfigured at all. Good luck training mauy thai with it...tho it might be okay cause you are using wraps.
just heat up a pin and push it thru the nail a few times and it till let the blood out and relieve the pressure....feels much better after that

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
just heat up a pin and push it thru the nail a few times and it till let the blood out and relieve the pressure....feels much better after that

Actually I did that, It didn't really work. I then went to the hospital & they did the same thing again with a bigger needle. It let out very little of the blood and then the holes got all clogged & I was back where I started. The whole thing was a real mess.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
EltrikSoulCntlr said:
Actually I did that, It didn't really work. I then went to the hospital & they did the same thing again with a bigger needle. It let out very little of the blood and then the holes got all clogged & I was back where I started. The whole thing was a real mess.
you have to do it RIGHT away, while the blood is rushing into the nail

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
you have to do it RIGHT away, while the blood is rushing into the nail

Aha! Yes this makes sense. I would have been using that special time to unsucessfully roll a joint....Several times...thus forcing me to ask my ex to roll it! Fak what a loser move that was!
:(