• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP Taro

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
:(

RIP Tim Dickson (DJ Taro)

Even though you were there for me through many battles, I'm sorry I couldn't be here for you during yours.

you were an increadibly gifted mind, and someone I'll never forget.

Stop Bill C-10
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Me and my Lady are beside ourselves. I remember one of the first times we've met was when Me and My girl first met. Tim found a case of beer literally on the street and was hanging out with her and wickedken. He ran into me by complete chance.

We all hung out all night in the streets, and drank the beer. :)

I know he was really happy about being signed to his record label. I was speaking to him a few months ago. RIP Timmy.
technics1200technics1200

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
had a long fight with mental health issues. depression and paranoia had become increasingly strong over the past year.

he took his life Monday night in a hotel room, here in that to visit. was supposed to meet up with him, even.

:(

praktik

TRIBE Member
Me too - I always felt I could have been good friends with him but we didn't get a chance to hang out as much after he moved to ottawa.

Now I feel like I should have known him better... :)

Never met or heard the guy as a dj, but condolences to those that knew him, loved him, befriended or cared for him.

RIP. Wish I could have known the positive impact that he had in so many people's lives.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
Very sorry to hear about Taro. We were at UofT together and although I don't think we had any philosophy courses together I always enjoyed rapping with him about political theory and continental theory when we ran into each other at parties.

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
Fuck.

Tim was a great dude. Smart, funny, self deprecating, a hilariously interesting guy and someone I never got enough time with.

I know I spent a good number of evenings a decade ago discussing high brow material neither of us were really doing any justice to... Or at least I wasnt.

I'll miss you man.

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Sorry to hear this and condolences to those who knew him. Societally, we're sorely under-equipped in the realm of mental health issues.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
for many years, he would show up to my place a few times a week with a few tall cans of (usually) Staropramen and a bag of Techno records.

he forced me to adapt as a DJ, by changing the pitch when I turned around, keeping my toes.

I'd be frustrated, but he would laugh his signature chuckle and call me "Danislav" (he had a weird obsession with Russian culture and literature.... and especially the women)

JamesM

TRIBE Member
This is hard hitting. We went out yesterday and saw Interstallar Imax with our friends, and we were exchanging fond memories of Tim. I just called my mom, and got it out.

He was one of us.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
RIP DJ Taro, a long time TRIBE member since 2004.

My condolences to his friends & family.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
I knew him more than a decade ago and then lost touch. Like many I have memories of politics and techno. Its unfortunate he didn't ever find his way.