1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

RIP Ronnie James Dio

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by tripleup, May 16, 2010.

1. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

Message from Wendy Dio

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio

cranking holy diver right now

2. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

he's in a warm place right now. a very warm place.
    Anyways, RIP, despite the fact that I hated his music, and his only decent Sabbath song was "Neon Knights"

3. bombthreat23

bombthreat23 TRIBE Member

Ahhh man that is sad. I saw him with sabbath a few years back and he was truly one of the best metal singers of all time. Last in line is one of the great vocals ever. Neon nights is a classic.

4. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

5. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

R.I.P. to the man credited with starting "rock horns".

He will be reborn.

[​IMG]

6. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

7. rswbrixton

rswbrixton TRIBE Member

One of the greatest vocalists , regardless of genre of music.

A huge Black Sabbath , Dio , Heaven and Hell fan - and have been since the purchase of my first Sabbath album . Ozzy or Dio or Gillian eras .

This is sad , my heart goes out to family , bandmates and fans . Stomach cancer was diagnosed a year or more ago . Upon his recovery , which had looked certain a few weeks back , Ronnie had considered another Heaven and Hell tour in late 2010 or 2011 .

Mob Rules album goes on the hifi . Peter Steele a couple weeks back and now Ronnie James Dio . Two powerful and huge vocalists and songwriters join the real real heavy band in the sky .

Ronnie James Dio , thankyou for the music and memories , for wild parties in the 80's and 90's - you were on the stereo lots and loud ! For some of the heaviest and most powerful lyrical content for 2-3 generations of music fans - thankyou .

I am upset . Not alot of "music stars " and their passing have stopped me . But Johnny Cash did . Peter Steele did . Freddie Mercury did and Kurt Cobain also . And Dwayne R. Goettel . rip .

Peace Ronnie James Dio .