• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP Robert Miles

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
DJ Mag Italia (Italian)

Translation:

News that arrives in the middle of the night. A nasty disease has taken away a few hours ago Roberto Concina, better known as Robert Miles . He was 47 years old.

DJ and producer of the highest level, Miles had achieved worldwide success with "Children", a timeless masterpiece in the heart of us all. The "Dreamland" album had helped define a new sound called "progressive", winning multi-platinum and gold in the world. Alone "Children" has exceeded 5 million copies.

For many years he lived in Ibiza where he was passionately devoted to his greatest passion, music, in all its forms, from production to the radio.

The testimony of a dear friend and colleague, Joe T Vannelli: "The tragic news of the death of a very talented artist of our time, makes me incredulous and upset. With him also it is a part of my life as an artist manufacturer. I will miss the fights, brawls, criticism, judgments but especially your talent in finding sounds and melodies unparalleled".

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room
He only gets recognized for children, but Dreamland as a whole is really a very breezy, mellow trance album. His other albums were pretty adventurous with the arrangements, like 23am, but still kept true to his sound.

I really got to find more of his stuff after his first two albums.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Deus

TRIBE Member
Not only in hearing more electronic music but also producing it.

I honestly think that there would not be trance music today had he not produced Children, or it would be very different.