• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP Rob Ford

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
hey james, el pres really didn't drag politics into this, other than saying the word Mayor once. Rob was a filthy man...his job had nothing to do with it. If he were an accountant, he'd still be an alcoholic homophobic bigoted wife beating addict accountant.
instead, you ( again ) turned another thread into a ' look at me, i'm mad ' moment. You didn't even say RIP. You're heartless.;)
how about YOU take whatever the fuck you want to say about Robbie to the other Robbie thread. I've already started off the conversation there with a well worded quote from someone who is also a little mortified at the super sweet things people have to say about him.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
hey james, el pres really didn't drag politics into this, other than saying the word Mayor once. Rob was a filthy man...his job had nothing to do with it. If he were an accountant, he'd still be an alcoholic homophobic bigoted wife beating addict accountant.
instead, you ( again ) turned another thread into a ' look at me, i'm mad ' moment. You didn't even say RIP. You're heartless.;)
how about YOU take whatever the fuck you want to say about Robbie to the other Robbie thread. I've already started off the conversation there with a well worded quote from someone who is also a little mortified at the super sweet things people have to say about him.

Are you officially retarded or something?

No wonder no one tribes anymore.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JamesM

TRIBE Member
or here

You're the skid marks on tribe bringing up a bully thread started by President.

Seems fitting. You guys ruined the good nature of tribe. And replaced it with complete paranoia.

The funny thing about it is, that President has a 0 tolerance towards bullying, and Rob Ford.

Are you guys like just completely mental?

Tribe has gone to the shitter with you guys.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
you've been given ample alternative threads in which to rant.
want a new one ? make one.
you're keeping it here. that seems political, or at least personal, which is what you've done with every single thread on this forum...it's all about you.
You would be the official Thread Ender, if we didn't call you out on your drunken fubar antics.
take it to another thread or shut the fuck up.

( disclaimer ... i won't be posting here again...if James continues, he's either blind, or just too dumb to take it to another place ).

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
I've already started off the conversation there with a well worded quote from someone who is also a little mortified at the super sweet things people have to say about him.

i think it would have been fair game to post that here.

he was a very public figure, so it should be fine for different folks to say different things about his passing.

it's not like they're bringing signs to the candlelight vigil.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Hated the mayor but I know he meant well, I just don't think he was meant to be mayor. As much as I hated on the guy, I kinda liked that he marched to his own beat. I would've partied with him if I had the chance.

Don't get all the people that are glad he's dead. Its not like he killed anyone. Lighten up, watch some Rob Ford videos and have a chuckle.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Do we all really come here to fight? I agree with James that this place is not fun anymore like it used to be. The DJ Mix, Geek and Golf threads are not worth it for this.

We F'N suck!

R.I.P Rob - I never had the chance to meet you or even vote for you but I did understand your ways. Hopefully you and your family can move forward in a positive manner.

Aaron

Last edited:

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
That is a huge loss - very sorry to hear that.
thank you. it was just over a month ago and i still dont believe it is real.
like im in a bubble

watching cancer slowly eat away at her was the worst period in my life.
it doesnt just destroy the person with it, it slowly eats its way into the family and friends of the person actually dealing with it until they are raw and broken.
at the end it was a relief in some ways when she passed.

i cant even imagine having to go through that in the spotlight, the media willing to pay for your supposedly private medical records and any tidbit of information . that is a fucking brutal invasion of privacy. no matter what he did Rob and his family deserved to be left alone during the worst period in their life. hopefully everyone will just leave his surviving family members be to mourn and grieve in peace

el p, bernie, ndrwrld et al (me included). we have to stop raising to the bait with james m. he is clearly in a lot of trouble and needs to get help. we arent doing him any favours responding to his posts and we arent really painting a very flattering picture of ourselves by responding to a clearly troubled man. just put him on ignore and maybe he will seek help at some point

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
thank you. it was just over a month ago and i still dont believe it is real.
like im in a bubble

watching cancer slowly eat away at her was the worst period in my life.
it doesnt just destroy the person with it, it slowly eats its way into the family and friends of the person actually dealing with it until they are raw and broken.
at the end it was a relief in some ways when she passed.

i cant even imagine having to go through that in the spotlight, the media willing to pay for your supposedly private medical records and any tidbit of information . that is a fucking brutal invasion of privacy. no matter what he did Rob and his family deserved to be left alone during the worst period in their life. hopefully everyone will just leave his surviving family members be to mourn and grieve in peace

el p, bernie, ndrwrld et al (me included). we have to stop raising to the bait with james m. he is clearly in a lot of trouble and needs to get help. we arent doing him any favours responding to his posts and we arent really painting a very flattering picture of ourselves by responding to a clearly troubled man. just put him on ignore and maybe he will seek help at some point

if i could give you a hug right now i would. maintain dood, maintain.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Hated the mayor but I know he meant well, I just don't think he was meant to be mayor. As much as I hated on the guy, I kinda liked that he marched to his own beat. I would've partied with him if I had the chance.

Don't get all the people that are glad he's dead. Its not like he killed anyone. Lighten up, watch some Rob Ford videos and have a chuckle.

Im down with you KickIT. Politics aside he seemed like a good guy. Love that he coached football.

RIP Robby

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Politics aside he seemed like a good guy. Love that he coached football.

You're joking right? The man was a bigoted, racist, misogynistic, wife beating, small minded, dim-witted, drunk driving, pathological lying, non-repentent, power hungry, lazy, narcissistic person.

I literally work directly every day with people who are dying of cancer. I see it close up every day, regardless of how my day is going. I do not wish it on anyone, nor am I glad Rob Ford got it, nor that he is dead.

But I refuse to whitewash the time that he was alive and terrorized our city and his family just because he died a horrible death.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
The man was a bigoted, racist, misogynistic, wife beating, small minded, dim-witted, drunk driving, pathological lying, non-repentent, power hungry, lazy, narcissistic person.

While I was no fan of Rob Ford while he was alive, I think what graces current politicians have given him are true. He was passionate, he believed in what he was doing, I think he really did have his constituents in mind even if he handled himself somewhat.. without grace.

You may think of him as all of those above adjectives, and some or most of them may be right, but it's always sad when someone dies at only 46 and I think the soft words for him from current politicos reflects the fact that we're all mortal, some more early than others.

-jM
A&D

CiG

TRIBE Member
I'm surprised people don't get this passionate to talk down religion which is infinitely more vile/evil than Rob Ford ever was. Or against Mcguinty and any other number of politicians who harmed our city/province/country.

Mcguinty cost this province a billion dollars and then got a 300k quitting gift, and his portrait put up in Queen's park instead of his ass parked in jail.

KPMG and their clients just got off on tax evasion instead of going to jail.

I liked Rob Ford exactly because he was too stupid to get away with shit that the other politicians get away with all day every day. He was transparent due to being stupid.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Me and wickedken paid our respects today. It really got nervy Doug Ford was greeting everyone. It's really real. I said my family's been through cancer, and no one deserves to go so young. I was shaking.

Liability

TRIBE Member
I saw the procession go by. Well attended.

I have to say it gave me a strange feeling. I think it probably felt like Ford would have felt watching the pride parade.

I am puzzled about why any man deserves such pomp and parade? Is this standard for a former mayor?

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
It's political theater. My office is nearby St James, the whole thing is roughly on par with the Flaherty funeral. And slightly more disruptive than yesterday when a film crew was in there shooting scenes for The Strain.