• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP Rob Ford

kyfe

TRIBE Member
RIP Rob Ford,

I may never have agreed with your politics but you responded any time I had an issue, got traction and that's what I always expected of my politicians.

On the flipside and maybe a discussion for another day but what if the crack abuse was at a time where he privately knew he was going to die? maybe he just said screw it and tried it because he knew his days were numbered.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
RIP Rob Ford,

On the flipside and maybe a discussion for another day but what if the crack abuse was at a time where he privately knew he was going to die? maybe he just said screw it and tried it because he knew his days were numbered.
i believe this was documented somewhere news worthy, and i agree with that.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Listening to CBC - Ontario today.

So very sad to hear of his passing. Not a time or place to pass judgement or discuss his shortcomings.

He was a man with a family and passed away too young.

Primavera

TRIBE Member
I don't think I've ever seen someone as happy as my girlfriend just was when she found out Rob Ford died. Just being honest. Maybe that's disturbing but it's true.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
I don't think I've ever seen someone as happy as my girlfriend just was when she found out Rob Ford died. Just being honest. Maybe that's disturbing but it's true.

She should be ashamed of herself. And if she has never lost someone she loves or knows to cancer, well, good for her. She should count herself lucky.

It is comments like this that drive me nuts.

Haters be hating I guess. Hope she sleeps well tonight knowing that she wishes ill will to others.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Courage posting that I suppose. Unless RF raped her or killed someone close to her, that's a pretty insensitive view on it. Cancer is really shitty and very real when you're around it.

I didn't like the guy, I'll be the first to say it, but I don't understand why your girlfriend said what she did.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
charming

i take you or her have never had anyone with cancer and have to watch them slowly wither away.

i just lost my mom to it in feb, i would not wish it on anyone

RIP Rob

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
She should be ashamed of herself. And if she has never lost someone she loves or knows to cancer, well, good for her. She should count herself lucky.

It is comments like this that drive me nuts.

Haters be hating I guess. Hope she sleeps well tonight knowing that she wishes ill will to others.
in fairness, 150,000 people die every day. perhaps she could feel bad for all that die, while at the same time being thankful that rob ford will never be mayor of toronto again.

if our only dealings with this man have been to feel the impact of his lies, corruption and laziness while in public office, why should we feel worse about his death than, say, the 150,000 other people that died today that did not make our lives worse?

i think the thought of having rob ford as our mayor again is frightful. i think the thought of having donald trump as the next president of the united states is terrifying. so terrifying that i probably wouldn't shed any tears if donald trump got diagnosed with something that would kill him before the u.s. election.

rest in peace, rob ford.

bbj, very sorry to hear of your loss. when my dad died (of alzheimer's), it was the worst time of my life.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
in fairness, 150,000 people die every day. perhaps she could feel bad for all that die, while at the same time being thankful that rob ford will never be mayor of toronto again.

if our only dealings with this man have been to feel the impact of his lies, corruption and laziness while in public office, why should we feel worse about his death than, say, the 150,000 other people that died today that did not make our lives worse?

i think the thought of having rob ford as our mayor again is frightful. i think the thought of having donald trump as the next president of the united states is terrifying. so terrifying that i probably wouldn't shed any tears if donald trump got diagnosed with something that would kill him before the u.s. election.

rest in peace, rob ford.

bbj, very sorry to hear of your loss. when my dad died (of alzheimer's), it was the worst time of my life.

WOW

I can barely believe this response.

Will, I would have expected a little bit more from you of all people.

As I said in my original post, politics and baggage aside, its sad to hear of anyone passing of cancer at this age.

And if you want to get into a debate on Toronto politics, please let me know.

Opions, much like assholes............

The conduct of a man during his life will dictate the legacy he leaves behind.

The here and now of him having died of cancer is fresh, but ultimately, his actions and conduct when he was mayor will be the thing that people will remember after the mourning is done.

With all the footage of him and his actions in this day and age of Youtube and soundbytes, that will likely be how he will be remembered.

Last edited:

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I ain't about to list off the lies bullying and abuses of power, because dying a horrible death through Cancer is a separate subject unto its own.

djfear

TRIBE Member
I didn't agree with Rob Ford's method of politics, nor his public relations efforts for the City of Toronto, but we have another thread for that. I kept the thread title simple for that reason - RIP Rob Ford. Nothing else.

I feel that he was on the opposing side of what I believed in. Like a gentleman's duel, you don't want to see your opponent trip and fall to their doom, you want righteousness and reason to win out so it doesn't leave any doubt that you were wrong. In that sense it's tragic and sad. Cancer is an indiscriminate bitch.

So rest in peace, Rob Ford, and my condolences to his children, wife, and the rest of his family.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
The conduct of a man during his life will dictate the legacy he leaves behind.

The here and now of him having died of cancer is fresh, but ultimately, his actions and conduct when he was mayor will be the thing that people will remember after the mourning is done.

With all the footage of him and his actions in this day and age of Youtube and soundbytes, that will likely be how he will be remembered.
You're a piece of shit. The guy has kids. And no one deserves to go from cancer at 48.

You're an ugly person for dragging politics into this again. That's why I never liked you to begin with.

If you have an issue, take it to the Rob Ford thread. The star is the worst offender, starting the smear campaign, then publishing a hearty nice story about him in the end. The Media is sleezy. Guy got more respect dead, than alive.

I'm glad I signed off this board, having to deal with rejects like yourself.