• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP Oscar Peterson

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
I have no hesitation saying he was the greatest piano player of the 20th century. RIP to an amazing Canadian.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
derek said:
i got to meet him once, and it makes me feel privileged.

rest in peace.
In high school I played in a youth orchestra that got to perform with him. Beyond inspiring.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
My neighbour, who's a jazz buff, once told me that Oscar Peterson, besides being a phenomenal pianist, had a wonderful voice that sounded a lot like Nat King Cole's. Similarly, King Cole was reportedly a great pianist. The two of them apparently stuck a deal and agreed that Peterson would stay away from singing if Cole didn't touch the piano.

R.I.P.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
p.s. if i hear one more tribute on the radio, or read one more newspaper article, that mentions Diana Krall in any sort of relationship to Peterson, I will scream.

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
Too, too bad. He was a humble and perfect gentleman the 1 time I was honoured to meet him. A loss of a great Canadian ambassador as well as a lengendary musician.
Any word of a memorial?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
Wiseman said:
I have no hesitation saying he was the greatest piano player of the 20th century. RIP to an amazing Canadian.
let's not get carried away here.

nonetheless RIP, it's sad that there aren't many musicians left that deserve the kind of praise that he does.