• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP Martin Streek

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
WOw.....this really sucks.

He left this on his facebook page. I liked his voice...and the way he's talk over songs. Too bad CFNY fired him after 20 years of service.

"So...I guess that's it...thanks everyone...I'm sorry to those I should be sorry to, I love you to those that I love, and I will see you all again soon (not too soon though)... Let the stories begin."

RIP

craig anderson

TRIBE Member
I just heard this too!! Holy fak! Met him a couple of times at The Phoenix back in the day....and actually made it back to his condo for an afterparty one night. Really sad.

R.I.P!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
wow it's been years... last time i saw him was at an Edge night at the Phoenix, he gave me a t-shirt for some band they were promoting at the time. Saw him at house parties every now and then back then (early 1990's) as well. Nice guy. He had a lot more hair then.

RIP Martin.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Wow! RIP :(

His 'History of New Music" show was one of my fav's and the only reason why I would ever *purposely* tune into CFNY.

sad sad news.

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
i was really getting into listening to the vu live to air on sunday evenings, before he was dumped by cfny...he was the sound of so many of my saturday nights in the 90's (although i never really gave him a chance after growing up listening to chris sheppard)...

rip & such sad news... :(

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
whaaaa? why did the edge fire him? as part of their ongoing effort to become more and more the suck, i assume.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
Wow! RIP :(

His 'History of New Music" show was one of my fav's and the only reason why I would ever *purposely* tune into CFNY.

sad sad news.
think you are getting hosts confused, that's Alan Cross' show,

Martin did the Thursday 30 and pretty much all the Live To Air things on Friday nights..........for ages

:(

R.I.P.

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
back when i was a big(ger) loser sitting at home friday nights listening to the radio and drawing stupid things in my skechbooks or on my walls, martin streek was like my best friend, buying me drinks all night and being my wingman with the ladies.

rip