• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP Kenny Quinn aka pr0nstar on TRIBE.

swenard

TRIBE Member
I never met Kenny, nor can I recall ever forming an opinion about him on the board, however, for some reason I find this news very upsetting. I guess it reminds me of my own mortality or perhaps it's because I lost my mother to cancer, but it's not like me to get upset over this and it has bothered me since hearing that Kenny had cancer.

I'm sorry to all of his friends and family, he sounds like a real stand-up guy!

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
I am just catching this news now. Had quite a few fun nights chatting with Kenny many years ago. Like so many of us, life takes you in different directions, but the conversations in person and online make you feel that some people never really leave. Some fond memories of the online drama, and my thoughts are with his family. RIP pr0nstar!! It was a privilege to have known you & I wish I could have passed this along before hearing the news today.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
thank you for saying it. it's a completely unfair thing, how positive Kenny was in the face of adversity in his life, and still, he was taken too early.

his legacy is a reminder to us all to enjoy the time we have, and that caring about other people is what keeps us connected for life.
Yes.. He always would tell me not to sweat the small stuff bc I get anxiety/stressed out a lot about everything.. and he would alway say to just enjoy life and stop worrying about everything. :(

Does anyone know when/where the funeral is? I keep checking his Facebook and haven't heard anything yet.. Tks..

~m

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Yes.. He always would tell me not to sweat the small stuff bc I get anxiety/stressed out a lot about everything.. and he would alway say to just enjoy life and stop worrying about everything. :(

Does anyone know when/where the funeral is? I keep checking his Facebook and haven't heard anything yet.. Tks..

~m
When they know I am sure Lisa will tell me and I will pass on that info here.

bucky

TRIBE Member
Fuuuuuuck cancer. :( Condolences to his family and friends. :(

My best friend lost a battle with leukemia back in April. It sucks.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
I haven't been able to keep up with tribe due to my own things going on, and I regret not doing so now that i've learned this thread was providing updates. I knew things were bad, but I didn't know things were *this* bad.

Kenny always had a way of making things seem like it wasn't a big deal, even if they were difficult. He was always encouraging like that.

Like many others, I will miss him dearly. RIP Broski.

Preroller

TRIBE Member
RIP Pr0nstar aka Kenny. Nice to see some old names comin out of the woodwork. I pour out a bit of my brewharski for you tonight old Tribe friend. :(

Cancer does suck...I have a rare kind that im beating ATM, but you never know. Stay safe friends.

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Kenny but based on the tributes I've read here and on facebook, he must have been a wonderful friend. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones, may he rest in peace.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Funeral details for Kenny are below:

Visitation
McDougall and Brown Funeral Home
2900 Kingston Road, Toronto, ON, CANADA, M1M 1N5
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM

Celebration of Life
McDougall & Brown - Scarborough
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM

Reception
McDougall & Brown - Scarborough
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM

http://mcdbrownscarborough.sharingmemories.ca/site/KennethQuinn.html?s=110]Kenneth Quinn Memorial | Obituary | Condolences | McDougall & Brown - Scarborough

Unfortunately I will be out of town on Saturday. The site above has a condolence wall online, and/or you can continue to put them here - I have put a link in the condolence wall to this thread.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Well, maybe it will be good if everyone was able to get together again, old friends, and talk about Kenny's best moments. Sorry I can't be there.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Looking through those photos suddenly made this thing so real to me last night. Unfortunately I have had a Europe trip booked for the last few months and I leave Thursday so I won't be able to make it to the memorial, but I'll be with my (and Kenny's extended) family this weekend and I'm sure we'll shed a few tears and remember some fond memories of him. Fuck, now i'm crying at work.

RIP Kenny.

defazman

TRIBE Member
I really feel for all of us here who know Kenny and are affected by his loss. I don't think I ever met him in person, but I do remember he was the first person to ever pm me on this board. It's obvious he was loved by many here and will be missed. Rest in peace Kenny.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Looking through those photos suddenly made this thing so real to me last night. Unfortunately I have had a Europe trip booked for the last few months and I leave Thursday so I won't be able to make it to the memorial, but I'll be with my (and Kenny's extended) family this weekend and I'm sure we'll shed a few tears and remember some fond memories of him. Fuck, now i'm crying at work.

RIP Kenny.
Sorry for your loss, man. Never had the pleasure of meeting Kenny but my heart goes out to all those who are mourning his loss. RIP, pr0nstar.

dr. claw

RIP Kenny. While I only had the pleasure of meeting him once, I've known him online for 15 years. His posts were always provocative and hilarious. And in person, he was one of the kindest, most positive, and inspiring people I've ever met.

:(

peko

TRIBE Member
love you Kenny - u show them how to dance
Very sorry for everyone's loss.

I never knew Kenny but I saw him at the 2013 Monsoon TBQ with his lady and dog. Despite the zany weather conditions they danced like it was nobody's business.