• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP Kenny Quinn aka pr0nstar on TRIBE.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Yeah, it sucks. One of tribe's old friends (pr0nstar) is on his deathbed right now and likely won't last too long. It's brutal :(
I keep meaning to go and visit him, but it's hard. I dont' know what to say... I was told last Friday by BALZZ that he got moved to Pallative and I broke down at work bc i was so upset and needed to go for a walk. :(

Last edited:

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
same here, probably due to the time I visited, after work. I will try and swing by in the afternoon, maybe easier for him given he needs the rest later perhaps.
If you go again can you please BBM me!!! I want to go but i just dont want to go by myself..

This is just so awful. I lost one friend to cancer 1.5 years ago and now i'm going to lose another one! Both the SAME AGE! Wtf is going on :(

oh and i don't really view tribe anymore but was told there was a thread about kenny so i wanted to come and read it.

Last edited:

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
So my request is kinda odd... Do any of you have anything interesting I can read to him that's not too sentimental? Like a story about him and you? Or maybe a joke you think he'd like? Any tribe gossip? I haven't been here in months so I'm out of it. Something juicy? An interesting occurrence?
This reminds me of when i went to visit my friend before she died.. We were having coffee and she did look really really sick..like she couldn't walk with out help etc. So I didn't really know what to talk about bc i couldn't say 'hi, how are you' which is a normal greeting.. so what i did was just start talking gossip about ppl she knew, and stories, bc there was so much drama. IT kept her entertained and she was smiling and laughing. :) Everyone loves good gossip!

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Episodes of Archer, he loves that show if he's not already watching it there.
MOFO.. i'm going to try to visit maybe ill go sunday.. but if you see him can you tell him that i will watch Archer just for him lol Every time i would talk about TV on facebook, he would post 'archer'.. like all the freaking time! it was so annoying lol

Last time i saw Kenny was at my birthday gathering last May. I wanted to meet up since then but he's been really tired, I invited him to my bday this year and he didn't come. He's awesome, very positive, always smiling..

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I popped in to see Kenny again today and his doctor's have decided to allow him outside for a walk this afternoon. We're going to help get him into a wheelchair and take him to a parkette for a half hour or so. He's not doing too well physically now; he has lost a lot of weight since he checked in 2 weeks ago and he's quite weak overall. However, he is determined to get outside for a bit, so he's going to get what he asked for. Wish us luck!

kyfe

TRIBE Member
This is a pretty tough situation, Never knew him very well but ran into him often and we'd chat.

Always struck me as a good guy, maybe we could organize an event with Tribers in his honour like a cancer walk/bike/run. Might be some good therapy/karma for everyone and would be a nice tribute to Pronstar

mingster

TRIBE Member
I popped in to see Kenny again today and his doctor's have decided to allow him outside for a walk this afternoon. We're going to help get him into a wheelchair and take him to a parkette for a half hour or so. He's not doing too well physically now; he has lost a lot of weight since he checked in 2 weeks ago and he's quite weak overall. However, he is determined to get outside for a bit, so he's going to get what he asked for. Wish us luck!
that is awesome. : )

two weeks is a long time to be indoors.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

doughboy

TRIBE Member
Wow... I went to high school with Kenny at Clarke High School and knew him then moreso than during his Tribe days, although we did cross paths at a party or two.

Even though I was much younger than him - I was a freshmen and he was a senior - we had a common interest (hip hop music) and he was always willing to share that., which shows his true nature as someone who loved music and was accepting of others even if it wasn't cool to do so (talking to a minor niner).

I wish him and his family the best during these difficult times.

Jason

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
I just heard :(.

He was clearly loved and had many friends who cared about him. You lifted his spirits with your visits and love. My condolences to all of you. xoxo

Rest in peace, Kenny.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
RIP pr0nstar. Glad I got to see you before you left. My deepest condolences to his family and Lisa.

afterglow

TRIBE Member
I'm at a total loss for words.

My codolences to everyone who's loves he touched - especially his closest friends and family.
Xo

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
RIP met him only a few times and late in the game, but he was always smiles, teeth and exuding energy, i hope his family and close friends are all close and there for eachother, one of the hardest things to do is lose someone slowly and way before their time.

its not been easy to read or see some of the comments in here, tugs at those strings in your chest.

really happy to read all the good visits and attention that people were able to provide and help him experience.