• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP Kenny Quinn aka pr0nstar on TRIBE.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
i'm not on facebook and so i didn't know this.

i only met kenny a few times, but prOnstar was always a great contributor to this community. this news is very sad.

i wish kenny, his family and friends all the best.

rswbrixton

TRIBE Member
Thinking of Kenny and wishing him better health and recovery . Never met him personally but have followed along here for a number of years and he certainly contributes to the fun and the spirit of the community . Not around much the last while but perhaps a return !! Kick some ass my friend .

Last edited:

djfear

TRIBE Member
I haven't met Kenny either but I wish him all the best! Cancer is bullshit, kick it in its ass and I hope all the best irrespective of the news from Kenny's family.

mingster

TRIBE Member
I went to see Kenny this afternoon. He looks amazing. A little tired, but handsome and tanned as always.

He is very aware, able to communicate with hand signals and writing on paper. He smiled a few times and I can tell he is being very brave and is very happy to see people visit. I'm glad I did.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
My heart goes out to all those close to him. I don't recall ever having the pleasure of meeting him, but I remember him well from his Pr0nstar alias. Wishing him all the best.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I went to see Kenny this afternoon. He looks amazing. A little tired, but handsome and tanned as always.

He is very aware, able to communicate with hand signals and writing on paper. He smiled a few times and I can tell he is being very brave and is very happy to see people visit. I'm glad I did.
This is great. he had almost zero energy when I saw him yesterday and he wanted to write, but was unable at the time. I'm glad he's more alert now!

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
This is great. he had almost zero energy when I saw him yesterday and he wanted to write, but was unable at the time. I'm glad he's more alert now!
same here, probably due to the time I visited, after work. I will try and swing by in the afternoon, maybe easier for him given he needs the rest later perhaps.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Kenny is one of those long-time Tribers that I never really got to meet. It's weird because he knows so many people that I'm friends with.

All the power to him and his family and friends.

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
Checked Tribe yesterday because this is how I met Kenny. He's a joker, easy to talk to person and for a socially awkward person such as myself, I always looked forward to chatting with him. He also "liked" about every single lame dog picture I ever posted on FB. When he had to let Willy go, we knew he was very seriously ill. He was an ideal dog dad.

my family just lost 2 people under 50 within two years to this disease. And still I can only imagine what his parents are going through.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Frosted tips, Malibu and coke, small white dogs.
Pretty much.

Grateful to have spent some good times back in the day with Kenny. Always had a mischievous grin on his face. It was a shock to hear that the cancer had returned so suddenly. Keep fighting bud!

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
One of the most down to earth guys you could meet. Over the years I've known him as genuine, humorous, and always friendly and outgoing. He's had a lot of struggles in the past few years and has never failed to keep a great attitude about it.

Kenny, keep fighting so I can keep reading your dog walking status updates. You're a good man and we need you around here.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I've had the pleasure (or displeasure lol) of knowing Kenny since I was a wee young lad. He went to my elementary school and a portion of high school; he was a couple of years older than me but him and my brother were best friends for a significant portion of their lives.

Kenny had a pretty rough upbringing, but with the support of a few very special people, he was able to put that part of his life behind him and start anew. He moved out of Toronto for a few years, but we still managed to get out and see him as much as possible. When I reached college age I had a friend that needed a place to stay near the Sheridan campus so I introduced him to Kenny and they got on like a house on fire. That apartment became my weekend refuge as I went up there to hangout with Charles, but also ended up spending considerable time with Kenny over that period.

Kenny was very much into IT and an early adapter of Internet technology and software and his curiosity was infectuous. I learned about computers from him as I grew up and I don't think I'd be nearly as successful in my lifetime if it weren't for his influence.

We've always considered Kenny a part of our family; my mom calls him her other son and my little sister has always called him big bro.

It was pretty hard to see him in the shape he was in lately, but I really hope he gets the peace he deserves and doesn't have to suffer too much.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Saw him again with Vinder. He is little worse today but still able to recognize and communicate non verbally. His mom and her husband are fantastic people, I wouldn't have their strength.

Vinder was Vinder. From tribe.

Lurch

TRIBE Member
Sad news. I have seen similar battles with cancer (brain tumor, and pacreatic) and both beat the odds are alive and kicking. I hope the same comes true for Kenny. Its tough but it can be done!

All the best
Lurch

Deus

TRIBE Member
Many meaningful discussions have been had with Kenny on this board. He is a Tribe icon.

I love seeing all the names in this thread I haven't seen for a long time on here.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Not sure if I've met him but he's always been a valuable contributor to the board. Wishing Kenny and his family all the best!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories