• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP Kenny Quinn aka pr0nstar on TRIBE.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
fuck cancer :(
Tell me about it, I have one cousin who has gotten a relapse and an aunt, who has been told there is not much the doctors can do now.

I personally think it's bullshit, I once suggested cannabis oil, but I insulted the daughter with this suggestion.

Kinda sucks to be standing on the sidelines being useless.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Yeah, it sucks. One of tribe's old friends (pr0nstar) is on his deathbed right now and likely won't last too long. It's brutal :(

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Thanks everyone.

For those that don't know, Kenny was diagnosed with a tumor on his brain stem almost 2.5 years ago. He managed to beat the odds of survival by a long margin, but he was realistic the entire time that he had been handed a death sentence. He grinned and beared it for as long as he could, but his health started to deteriorate lately and he felt the need to check himself into a hospital the other day. He walked in there on Monday but his strength is fading quickly. He can no longer communicate through any medium as he doesn't have the strength or dexterity to do so. He's still kicking it hard in there, but it's only a matter of time now.

I know he was a pretty polarizing figure around here, but I'm sure that some of his old friends would want to know. I may ask Alex to make a sticky for him, but I think it's best to wait and see how the news develops.

Tahoe

TRIBE Member
Sorry to hear about this fellow member. What a brutal disease.

My dad didn't know who I was the last time I saw him :(

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Send good energy to Kenny (pr0nstar) who is in the hospital

As some of you know, TRIBEr Kenny, aka pr0nstar, has been battling cancer for a number of years.

He is currently in a pretty bad way in the hospital right now.

Please use this thread to pass on your best wishes to him.

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
I just read about this in Nobody Cares. I care!

Strength and good wishes for Kenny and those close to him...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
It's been awhile since I've posted due to the nature of my new job. But, I felt the need to pass along some thoughts of an amazing guy we all know, or had a cursory knowledge of, Kenny "aka Pronstar" Quinn.

I met Kenny back in 2001 at various events and house parties. The guy was always smiling, full of humour, knowledge of gadgets and technology. Including some of the craziest hair I've come across.

Above all else, he was positive, and loved to take a piss out of me with his sarcastic humour, which I enjoyed. That I also paid back with the odd workout. Note, he always did try and keep up.

I've run into him now and then in the downtown core. Less now that I'm married and have a son. Leaves little time for other activities. But, when I saw him the core, we always tried to connect, and make plans. I wish we actually did follow through. Sadly more often then not we didn't. Life happens, we all get busy.

I visited him yesterday at TGH, and spoke to his parents. Im sure there will be more updates via FB on his health going forward. But from his parents, he doesnt have much time. I did get to speak with him a little as he faded in and out. He did smile and say "mongo". The guy has spunk!

Life is precious my friends. Kenny was one of the greats, I can say while typing this he will be missed, and he certainly enriched my life for the time I got to know him, and chat.

kuba

TRIBE Member
:(. Thanks for the update ChrisD. I heard about this a few months ago and was shocked. Don't know why, things like this happen, but even though I may have met him 1x or 2x in my life, having been on this site for so many years you almost feel like you know one another from our online personnas. Sad on so many levels, but, I hope that he can turn things around.