• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP Johnny K

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

"As you may have learned, the great Johnny K passed away last Sunday after a courageous battle with cancer. He was just 60 years old.

Johnny K will be remembered as one of Toronto's most accomplished restaurateurs. He leaves his wife Laura Prentice, daughter Kevi and innumerable friends in the community heartbroken.

For friends and family who would like to attend the funeral, it will be held on Monday October 6th. Gathering for family at noon, friends at 1pm, and service will commence at 2pm.

The service will be held at Pine Hills Cemetery, 625 Birchmount Road, (Birchmount and St. Clair) M1K 1R1.

A Celebration of Life will be held at Lolita's Lust Restaurant, 513 Danforth Ave. from 5pm this Monday, 6th October.

I hope you will join us there.

E. Brian Johnson
The Friends of Johnny K"

PS: You may learn more about Johnny K and his contribution to Toronto dining and nightlife here and here.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Sad to hear. It's been a lifetime since I was in the 80's scene but just seeing the Tazmanian Ballroom pic took me back 25 years. Many good night's spent there.

Wishing his family all the best in the most difficult time.

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Bummer. I hadn't seen Johnny since the 90s, but I put my time in behind the decks at Mrs. Smith's Cocktail Party (which eventually became Nasa) and he was always a friendly and generous employer. Bon voyage, Mister K.

derek

TRIBE Member
The Tazmanian Ballroom was one of the first clubs I started going to on a somewhat regular basis (and the Lizard Lounge).

Good times were had for sure. It's where I first met Mark Oliver

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders