• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP H.R. Giger

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
There was a video game back in the early 90s, can't remember the name of it, that was illustrated by this guy. I downloaded it from some BBS. Overall, the gameplay sucked (it was a kind of adventure/role play game) but the graphics, in particular the artwork, were stunning for the time (probably even for today). Unfortunately this meant having to swap a 3 1/4 inch disk for every screen change... but still made enough of an impression that I remember it today in my old age.

-jM
A&D

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
<3 Giger, have a book that was gifted to me of TONS of his works. i need to find it, they were small so i could do an awesome little mosaic on my wall :)

RIP good sir !

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

the wiz

TRIBE Member
Giger has some of the most truly erotic artwork I've ever seen.

I imagine his work inspired a billion tattoos, and the whole "bio-mech" tattoo genre for that matter.

He was a savant of sorts and I believe he, like many of the other great and groundbreaking artists, had some sort of dialogue with entities from another dimension, because those images are truly not of this world.

R.I.P. Giger.........he helped us view sexual communion in a whole new way.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

silver1

TRIBE Member
There was a video game back in the early 90s, can't remember the name of it, that was illustrated by this guy. I downloaded it from some BBS. Overall, the gameplay sucked (it was a kind of adventure/role play game) but the graphics, in particular the artwork, were stunning for the time (probably even for today). Unfortunately this meant having to swap a 3 1/4 inch disk for every screen change... but still made enough of an impression that I remember it today in my old age.

-jM
A&D
You are thinking of Darkseed. I remember the game as well. Very "Sierra" like point and click game that I too remember not being very good (as compared to all of the stuff Sierra put out) but I agree with you, the artwork in the game made by Giger actually kept me playing the game that I would have normally ditched.

RIP to a totally unique artist.