• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Rip dj am

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
:(
heard him on a couple occasions and was truly impressed.

DJ AM was found dead this morning in an apartment on Lafayette Street in Manhattan.

Sources said drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment.

Nearly a year ago, DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, escaped a plane crash in South Carolina.

The Learjet he and Travis Barker were on overshot the runway and burst into flames. He suffered severe burns in the crash.

Barker's ex-wife, Playmate Shanna Moakler, responded to news of DJ AM's death on Twitter, writing, "My deepest condolences for DJ AM, you were a great artist and will be severely missed. My thoughts and Prayers to his family and friends."

DJ AM's last post on Twitter, dated Tuesday, was a line from a Grandmaster Flash song: New york, New York. Big city of dreams, but everything in New York ain't always what it seems."

He was scheduled to have deejayed at Dusk in Atlantic City Tuesday and then tonight at Rain in Las Vegas.

Among others, DJ AM dated Nicole Richie and Mandy Moore.

ila

TRIBE Member

Shitty. I just finished listening to one of his sets with Travis Barker at the gym. I don't care what anyone says, I liked him.

RIP

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
final destination styles. is travis barker next? we'll have to see.....

thats what i was thinking, when its your time its your time!!!

he dated mandy moore? how the fuck does one go from nicole ritchie to mandy moore? i cant stand mandy moore.
*trots off to read twitter*

dr. claw

Shitty. I just finished listening to one of his sets with Travis Barker at the gym. I don't care what anyone says, I liked him.

RIP
I know someone who booked him for a few gigs- he knew him well enough to assure he was a solid guy, and a talented DJ to boot. Boourns to his passing.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Prescription pill bottles and a pipe commonly used to smoke drugs were found at DJ AM's apartment.
sad news.
RIP.

Vote_4_Pedro

TRIBE Member
If indeed he died of a drug OD, what a complete waste and shame. 20 something, millions of dollars, travel to DJ around the world, and that's how you go out?

Like a sucker.

(it is still sad, but man, if only we humans could handle fame and money a little better!)

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
RIP.

It bears repeating that he had PTSD from the plane crash, I don't think his death has very much to do with fame or money, although I hate when these threads turn into speculation.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Indeed a shame.

36 is way too young to die. Very sad. Such wasted talent. Too much money + drug habits = never a good outcome.

Mrs. Pink

TRIBE Member
i think the drug angle is purely speculation at this point. While i don't doubt that it was the cause, the reason for the self medication is probably the contributor to his death more the any real "abuse" i'd think.....none of us know what kind of long term injuries and medications that he had to deal with due to the plane crash. That kind of shit can fuck with your head and lead to some serious mental shit going on.....

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Never heard anything he played. Unfortunate loss though judging by the fan reaction.

What did he play, anyways?
He plays that mashup style of everything (but mostly hip-hop), quickly cut up with lots of scratching. He was very talented and he deserved the success he received.

He survived that plane crash last year. Was scheduled to fly on the Buffalo flight that crashed this past winter but didn't get on because something didn't feel right. Sad to see him go this way.

I like the Palms tribute to him last night: