• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP David Bowie

Stop Bill C-10

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i was trying to figure out what in the fuck he was trying to say in his new video Lazarus.
Now i know.
RIP.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
so sad. he was such a force in music, fashion, culture, gay rights, etc. one of mankind's true trailblazers.

i saw him perform twice: once with nine inch nails in the 90s at skydome, once with moby and blue man group in 2002 at molson amphitheatre.

one of his greatest hits cds was the third cd that i ever purchased.

rest in peace ziggy stardust a.k.a. major tom a.k.a. the goblin king.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

djsubrock

TRIBE Promoter
God Bless David Bowie. Thanks for all the great music, art, and life perspectives/philosophy. you have helped me get through a great deal Mr. Bowie. Thank you. I look forward to seeing how you re-invent yourself. The spirit is strong Mr. Bowie. Be well. SR

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Where does one even begin. RIP.

it's funny how so many newspapers and magazines have lengthy memorial articles already. i suspect they probably have articles like that pre-written for stars over a certain age. it's a morbid thought, but it would make sense.

i heard on the news this morning that nobody except his family and very close friends knew about his cancer.

i'll buy his last album this week.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
so sad. he was such a force in music, fashion, culture, gay rights, etc. one of mankind's true trailblazers.

Yep. He had that fearless streak about him. A true icon who never stopped creating and always had an open mind about culture, music and the arts.

He'll be missed. He left a mark and will be celebrated for it.

JuJuHound

TRIBE Member
A true legend, I'm so glad i had the change to see him live. RIP

Hi new album is an experimental rock/jazz record, which I enjoyed! Thank you David for a lifetime enjoyment of your recorded catalog.

Last song on the new album starts with the below lyrics:

"Look up here, I’m in heaven..."

Brandon

TRIBE Member
it's funny how so many newspapers and magazines have lengthy memorial articles already. i suspect they probably have articles like that pre-written for stars over a certain age. it's a morbid thought, but it would make sense.

It wouldn't surprise me - ditto for political figures and business leaders.

I write up in-house obituaries for notable faculty and staff at the university where I work and every once in a while I think I should get something in the content bank for some of our 'elder statesmen' just in case.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member

uh, yeah. They (the newspapers), actually do this.

(I read about this fact a few years ago, think when Lou Reed died).

dabeats

TRIBE Member
"Look up here, I`m in heaven
I`ve got scars that can`t be seen"

[YOUTUBE]y-JqH1M4Ya8[/YOUTUBE]

RIP David Bowie

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
woke up to this, just been meh all day. Grew up with my parents idolizing him and playing his music for most of my upbringing.

Shed a tear today for a truly impressive human being that left a beautiful mark on this world.

FOK

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
but he took it oh so far but boy could he play guitar... You will be greatly missed as one of my 70's child music icons...

The Truth

TRIBE Member
RIP to a legend...but I always wondered about this...
[YOUTUBE]E_8IXx4tsus[/YOUTUBE]

and I never got to see him live unfortunately...

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
been a little bit bummed all day about this. i was listening to some nice tributes on 6 Music at work - so much outpouring of emotion from so many people. he was really special.

blaze_604

TRIBE Member
He was a raver.
I remember during one of Grooveriders radio shows he commented he saw Bowie at Bluenote (club that hosted Goldie's Metalheadz night in early 90s) sitting in a corner bopping his head all "vibes'd" out.

Groove all like :"THATS DAVID BOWEE!"

Last edited: