• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP Christopher Lee - extreme badass

93 years of age, passed away on June 7th, left behind a wife who he was married to since 1961.

Great write-up of his career and life in The Hollywood Reporter today.

Christopher Lee Dead: Horror Icon and Legendary Movie Villain Was 93 - Hollywood Reporter - The Hollywood Reporter

the-Wicker-Man-6.jpg

I'll always remember him for his role in The Wicker Man, but what a storied career he had, especially in the last decade.

Stop Bill C-10

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Yep. A legend of epic proportions.

"What sort of spying did you do during the war?"
"Well, can you keep a secret?"
"Yes"
"So can I"

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Yep. A legend of epic proportions.

"What sort of spying did you do during the war?"
"Well, can you keep a secret?"
"Yes"
"So can I"

None of the major British dailies which have carrier his obituary have mentioned his service in WWII. Same with the BBC. Guess there was a D-notice.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
RIP Chris Lee.. yup I used to love those Hammer horror flics when I was a wee one... (thanks, Famous Monsters of Filmland).. aaahhh nostalgia

In other news, RIP Ornette Coleman. Saw this ferocious Jazz legend, along with Bern Nix and Jamaladeen Tacuma perform live in Vancouver when I was still a relatively wee one (age 21). They blew the roof off the place. Mind was Blown!!

Two iconic legends, dead on the same day.

:(