• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP Carrie Fisher

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kyfe

TRIBE Member
good night sweet princess, you gave little girls the power to believe they could do or be anything. One of the first strong female leads in sci fi and one of the most interesting humans to ever walk the earth, RIP

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
RIP Carrie Fisher. :( May the Force be with you always...

Didn't actually meet Carrie Fisher, but I was about 6 feet away from her for about 30 minutes at Fan Expo 2013 in Toronto. I just couldn't make myself drop $75 for an autograph pic of her at Canada's largest sci-fi, comic book convention, especially when she didn't look anything like "slave bikini Leia" photo above.

Carrie Fisher was my 70's "second crush", my first crush was Lynda Carter who played Wonder Woman, first and foremost as a young child. Ironically, I did get Lynda Carter's autograph and stole a kiss on her cheek during her CD and book signing at Indigo back in 2009.

Interesting interview on the "Ellen" show from only a month ago.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
So sad. Rest In Peace, Princess Leia.

I wonder what will become of her character in Episode 9. Will they find a new actress, write her out of the story, kill the character, use CGI and existing footage? Time will tell. It's too bad she won't be able to finish off the new trilogy.

djfear

TRIBE Member
So sad. Rest In Peace, Princess Leia.

I wonder what will become of her character in Episode 9. Will they find a new actress, write her out of the story, kill the character, use CGI and existing footage? Time will tell. It's too bad she won't be able to finish off the new trilogy.
I wonder if all of these actors have that in their contracts for these movies.

"In case of pre-mature death, you're allowed to use my likeness with the following stipulations, and for this amount of money:..."

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
I wonder if all of these actors have that in their contracts for these movies.

"In case of pre-mature death, you're allowed to use my likeness with the following stipulations, and for this amount of money:..."
It's happening more often - actors copyrighting their own faces and likeness, and yes, they often have to sign on to performances that might have to be delivered post-mortem.

Lojack

TRIBE Member
I wonder what will become of her character in Episode 9. Will they find a new actress, write her out of the story, kill the character, use CGI and existing footage?
Rewrites, with reshoots likely to stage her death. If I had to bet, inadvertently by her son, which would prompt his way back to the light side. Just a guess but it is how I'd write it.

Going the CGI route is likely too risky for Disney, given that they see the SWU existing beyond Ep. 9. The potential blow back (even if the CGI is stellar) is huge.

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Carrie Fisher's mother, Debbie Reynolds, was rushed to hospital this afternoon. TMZ reports it was due to a possible stroke, with her condition as serious. Terrible, particularly for Carrie's daughter, so much so soon.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

wickedken

TRIBE Member
good night sweet princess, you gave little girls the power to believe they could do or be anything. One of the first strong female leads in sci fi and one of the most interesting humans to ever walk the earth, RIP
Yeah she had that sass that made her stick out.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Rewrites, with reshoots likely to stage her death. If I had to bet, inadvertently by her son, which would prompt his way back to the light side. Just a guess but it is how I'd write it.

Going the CGI route is likely too risky for Disney, given that they see the SWU existing beyond Ep. 9. The potential blow back (even if the CGI is stellar) is huge.
It's likely going to be done in a respectful way. See the guy who played Joker, and the Hoffman character. Well I hope anyways.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Yeah. So what? Well known that she struggled with depression and substance issues. I hope the former is the focus, rather than the latter. From what I've seen in comments so far - a whole world of hypocrites are jumping on the addict angle. I know many, many people who's tox reports would read the same. She was a user. She was a sufferer. Shame she died. Let her rest. Let her gifts to the world not be sullied by a toxicology report.

RIP.