• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RIP Alan Rickman

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
awww, very sad. he was so young!

hans gruber! sherriff of nottingham (best death scene ever)! severus snape!

rest in peace, good sir.

"by grabthar's hammer, by the suns of warvan, you shall be avenged!"

rentboy

TRIBE Member
One of those actors who would stand out even in a poor film. He always captured my attention.

Check out the Anthony Minghella film 'Truly Madly Deeply' to see how good he is.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rentboy

TRIBE Member
I had a gander at his IMDB filmography.

Die Hard was his first feature outside of television roles. Impressive.

He had some great roles but feels somewhat underused for bigger roles. He was more than capable.

His first film role was at the age of 46 w/ Die Hard (an age that most people would have given up on acting). Missed out on the film adaptation of Dangerous Liasons by being replaced by John Malkovich.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
What a perfect byline:

Alan Rickman, Star of Everything He Appeared In, Has Died of Cancer

Loved his work. Going to miss him.

djfear

TRIBE Member
I had a gander at his IMDB filmography.

Die Hard was his first feature outside of television roles. Impressive.

He had some great roles but feels somewhat underused for bigger roles. He was more than capable.
"Did you gander at my ward? You GANDERED at my ward, sir."

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
Much has been said about his roles in Die Hard and Harry Potter, but I will always love Alan Rickman's portrayal of the Metatron in Dogma most. He was perfect for the role.

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
Great nostalgia in this review... Ebert thumbs downed it and Siskels thumbs upped but they both LOVED Hans Gruber!

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=UNM7yG5X9IQ[/YOUTUBE]

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
Ebert gave thumbs down to Die Hard? Geez.
Yes, he did. He even laments the role of the deputy police chief character, who is one of THE BEST characters in the movie. Played by Hollywood legend and all-time "that guy" Paul Gleeson (the principle from Breakfast Club). Ebert says it's bad writing, which is the complete opposite of what it is - great writing. As if the police are always reliable and smart (see Manitowoc County). He's goddamn hilarious.

Eeeebs definitely blew that one.