• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Rink Rage Trial.

After reading my post again, I'd like to say sorry for using the word shrimp. I totally didn't mean any offence, it's just kinda the way I speak I guess. Anyway, sorry.

Anywho, I don't think "size means shit". Given too guys with equal... ummm... let's call it "skill", the bigger guy will most likely win (IMO). It's a matter of physics.

I dunno if the whole kids watching thing would make a difference Jane. The fact that his kid was involved is a weird variable that you've gotta account for. Sitting behind a computer at a cushy office job, I would probably agree with you, but I think you need to try to empathize with the father a little more given that his kid was involved.

SIZE DOESNT MEAN SHIT !!!!! Bruce Lee could kick Big John Studd's ass no problem.

I mean... if it was just a 'fight' and 3 punches were thrown and Costin got up just bruised and sore... IT WOULD BE OVER. But because he died.. all of a sudden Junta is a killer / derranged lunatic and deserves prison time ? Fuck that.

No way. Costin started the whole 'physical' confrontation... IMO .. he asked for it.

Junta threw the punches trying to immobilize Costin... as soon as he noticed that Costin was still.... Junta stopped punching... it's not like after Costin went limp, Junta kept on beating him.. THAT WOULD BE THE SIGN OF A PROBLEMED MAN !

As for Costin... I think he had 'small man' syndrome ! He had something to prove... but he got beat down instead. Once again.. I think he asked for it.

Junta should get counselling or some anger management shit. No jail. I mean... look at the man... he's fucking ruined. He's learned his lesson and I think he's probably now afraid of violence.

I dunno.... what a fucked up case.

From the mouth of a wise man.....

"Parents just don't understand" !

fattyp©2002

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fattyp:
SIZE DOESNT MEAN SHIT !!!!! Bruce Lee could kick Big John Studd's ass no problem.

</font>

we're not talking about Bruce Lee here.
c'mon.

Everyone seems really caught up in this "size" thing. Don't you think the more important issue here is that it just shouldn't have gone as far as it did.

As for the kids. (Again, no one knows the whole truth just yet) But it's not like the kid was in any type of trouble or anything. They were at a hockey practice or hockey game. I could see if his kid was molested or something to react that way, but it was a friggin game. No need to get that worked up over it.

Subscribe to Cannabis Goldsmith, wherever you get your podcasts
who cares about the size of the person. he killed someone. this is about setting the record straight that aggressive behaviour is not to be tollerated. what if the guy didn't die? nothing would have happened. there probably wouldn't even be assault charges. hockey arenas are not exempt from laws.

if you beat someone to death, you kill them. you should stand up and be an adult and take what you have coming to you. that man is a coward for not pleading guilty. he should be locked up just for trying to get away with this.

CC

The guy is big. He looks like one a bruiser type character from the Flintstones cartoon doesn't mean he is though. I don't know him.

Size really doesn't mean that much unless the're wrestling or something.
A person's chin or genitals do not grow in resistant to pain or knockout in proportion to size.

Regardless, the fact that these 2 grown men with families were fighting at all is pathetic.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Quirkz:
agravated assault usually gets hard time, not nothing.</font>

in the eyes of most police, there's no such thing as aggravated assault in hockey arenas. i grew up playing hockey and my father works helping run an arena. cops do nothing unless someone has to be rushed to the hospital.

CC

it's so sad that it happened, let alone in front of children.

frown.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rosey:
i think he'll get off based on the 'freak chance punch' testimony. it will be hard to prove that he knew he was acting in a way that could kill the little fucker.</font>

If this was in Canada, I bet there'd be potential wrangling over whether this was a case where the 'thin skull principle' came into play.

THE THIN SKULL RULE:

There is a long standing principle of law, known to veteran medical legal report writers as the "thin skull" rule. Simply put, the rule is "you take the victim as you find her". This principle makes the at fault defendant liable for the plaintiff’s injuries even if the injuries are unexpectedly severe for that individual, owing to a pre-existing condition. Causation is determined based on the particular characteristics of the individual.

Basically this means if you're unlucky enough to be a guy who hits someone you have no idea has a particular vulerability that neither he nor his doctor nor anyone else would have thought of, you could be looking at a manslaughter charge. Interesting to see how this pans out.

Brokenbone, you're giving me flashbacks to my Philosophy of Law class at uni!

anyway, i can sympathize with that Rosey is saying. i had a friend in high school who was a BIG GUY. he was tall, he was strong, he was wide... all in all, LARGE.

he was the human embodiment of a teddy bear: passive, kind and considerate.
people used to pick fights with him all the time, and it was mostly little guys who would get the most uppity.

it just seems that some people have something to prove, and these big guys get the brunt of it.

people always assume that the big guy is the agressor, just like people assume that the man is always the agressor. it just fits our mental constructs a wee bit better.

anyway, i am not talking about this in direct relation to the case... but its still a valid point.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jeremy:
One of the witness testified that there were only three punches thrown. Another expert witness testified that the blow that cause the death was a freak occurance. He didn't hit him that hard, he just hit him in the wrong way.

jeremy -it happens in boxing all the time- jive
</font>

He died later. No one punch killed him.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by H2Whoa:
Smaller guys beat the crap out of bigger guys all the time. Size means shit.</font>

Amen, its alll about leverage baby.
eg. Bruce Lee, ya gotta snap the punch.

Overall....fighting=bad times had by all.

I know this a 3rd consecutive post, but I thought I should bring to light that both men had previous assault records.

Its a emotional game, even more so when family members are involved. The accused had just watched his smaller son get smashed around on the ice by older bigger players that the coach, victim, decided to use in a scrimage.

The coach had skates on? News to me?
-He should have used it to his advantage!!!
Sick I know but he was out classed by like 120 pnds.

(BASSINMYFACE comes from small town where you gotta prove your shit. Sad but true.)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LeoGirl:
As for the kids. (Again, no one knows the whole truth just yet) But it's not like the kid was in any type of trouble or anything. They were at a hockey practice or hockey game. I could see if his kid was molested or something to react that way, but it was a friggin game. No need to get that worked up over it.</font>

exactly.

the kid wasn't in any physical danger, the dad was just pissed off that the other KIDS on the ice were playing rough and he wanted the coach to do something about it, according to the articles i've read about this.

people who get violent in front of their kids for stupid shit like that are assholes. it's so stupid.