• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

~*...ride...*~

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
Main Entry: ride
Pronunciation: 'rId
Function: verb

intransitive senses
1 a : to sit and travel on the back of an animal that one directs b : to travel in or on a conveyance
2 a : to travel over a surface <the car rides well>

transitive senses
1 a : to travel on <ride a bike> <ride the bus> b : to move with like a rider <ride the waves>
2. to tune into the force and find balance at speeds faster than normal

what do you ride?

in the summer i ride this. in the winter i ride this.

- that shred with natty dread guy

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
AND if you lived in jasper you could be snowboarding right now! i kid you not, people have been finding turns for the last few weeks, just remember to bring a rock board.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Word up to that Thom

I just watched a special on the TTC on the discovery channel. I now know how to operate the subway,the streetcar and the bus.

Anyone know if they are looking for drivers ;)

BOO to those who drive cars that dont need to

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
nick, you should really have a pic of Cri's car AND her father's car - i think i saw you in those 2 cars this summer more often then yours! :p

summer is all about my green bike. winter is all about my soon-to-be board, no more rentals!

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~Loress~
nick, you should really have a pic of Cri's car AND her father's car - i think i saw you in those 2 cars this summer more often then yours! :p
It's true

so my wheels for the summer have been:

partypix

TRIBE Member
summer time - my new ride will be my Gaastra Kite and Liquid Board

winter time - this year will be the 2004-2005 Burton T6 with the Mission set up - uber light, gonna see how fast I can get down the hill at Blue, then its park time!

to get to enjoy all these - my trusty Subaru Imbreza Wagon - looking to upgrade to a Legacy Wagon

on the daily grind its the better way TTC

~atp~

TRIBE Member
My non-winter friend:

(except mine is red, and therefore far superior...and it also has Coda components)

My winter friend is non-existent yet. :( I've been skiing all my life, but tried snowboarding 2 years ago and picked up on it super-quick -- it is way more awesomer than skiing ever was for me. I just don't own a board, and am afraid to buy one because I do *not* need another excuse to spend more $$$. :)

echo

TRIBE Member
But spending money on a snowboard is NOT just an excuse!!

Buying a snowboard to do something that: is a thrill, provides a form of exercise, provides healthy entertainment, and even provides socialization among other tribe riders seems like a pretty damn good reason in my books :D

There now....run right out and buy yourself a board man!

hehe

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
why do i ride?
Because i'm addicted. I've played many a sport, and snowboarding has hooked me like no other. It's freedom for me. It takes enough focus to keep me centered on the activity so i can forget all my troubles. I'm exist only in that moment, that instant when i board... but, it isn't consuming enough that i don't become mentally tired. it's perfect

Last edited:

baby_girl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Karim
I'm surprised it took 10/11 posts before a sex reference was made.
LOL I was too!!
Though I have to admitt when I saw the heading "ride", the first thought that jumped into my head had nothing to do with vechiles:)