• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Ricky the pot head Williams to be an Argo?

kuba

TRIBE Member
I thought it was a pipe dream. But then I read a report he's on THEIR list. Doesn't mean jack, until he agrees. However, think how good it would be for Ricky el herbalicious Williams here. He can get the BEST herbs (this side of BC). he can go to CHERRY BEACH and smoke trees while doing Yoga, untouched. He can be a social hermit or he can go out and have six chicks at once, on command. He can plow through the CFL linebackers and safeties as if they were pylons. He can be a star, a saint, a pothead, a yoga master, a teacher, a student, - or he can be none of those and only play football. Personally, I think a season under Clemon's tutelage would be awesome for the guy. He'd be set straight until retiremement, buy a cottage at Muskoka, and retire in the Great White North.

I hope it happens.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
It would be fun to watch, buuuttt....
Aparently, because he is still under contract with the Dolphins, he cannot sign with another team/league. If he breaks his agreement with the fish, he will have to pay back the $8.5 mil signing bonus he recieved when he signed a few years back. (That was the only reason he came back to football in the first place, aka, he's a broke ass pot head)
The only solution the Argos can come up with is to sign him for around $10 mil.
Roughly their entire payroll allowed under the cap.
If he sits out his year long suspension (without pay of coarse) he doesn't have to pay back the $8.5 mil he spent backpacking through europe last year, and can rejion the team making an NFL salary.

Don't people normally back pack to (in part) save money?
How do you blow $8.5 mil backpacking?
Now THATS alot of pot.

kuba

TRIBE Member
First off, I'm not sure that's true. He already has been instructed to pay the signing bonus, wasn't he? I 'm not sure what types of constraints he's under, legally, but I'm pretty sure Toronto wouldn't add him to their negotiation list IF they didn't know about his legal status.

Big Harv

TRIBE Member
Apparently, it's a standard clause in NFL contracts that if a player is suspended for the season he needs the consent of his team to play in another league. I don't see why the Dolphins would take the risk that he would get injured playing in the CFL.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
TORONTO (CP) -- The Toronto Argonauts have landed one of the biggest signings in franchise history.

The Argonauts have called an afternoon news conference to announce the signing of suspended Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams, a league source requesting anonymity told The Canadian Press.

Williams was recently suspended by the NFL for the entire 2006 season after a fourth positive drug test. He missed Miami's first four games last year following his third positive test.

Williams and agent Leigh Steinberg have been in Toronto for the past five days -- Williams arrived on his own three days earlier -- and have met with Argos ownership and president Keith Pelley. However, the two sides could only go so far until the Dolphins gave their blessing.

That blessing has been given.

Williams will reportedly earn around $250,000 with Toronto, which would easily make him the highest-paid running back in the league.

Williams, 29, rushed for 743 yards last year and averaged over four yards per carry with Miami despite missing the club's first four games.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lurker

TRIBE Member
his incentives will include freezer bags full of prime Canadian bud :)

I know the pawt industry is good in Ontario, but wouldn't the BC lions be a better pick for him, considering his hobby? :p

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Ya know, I think it's gonna be great for both Ricky, and the Argos/Toronto.

Did he rape/sexually assault someone? no.

Did he shoot/stab someone? no.

All he did was partake in some weed smokin', which millions of people do around the world...and you see him speak, his body language...he comes off as a very well spoken and collective person.

TECHno addict

TRIBE Member
i am going to EVERY argos game this year.......

sporting my dolphins #34 jersey

i feel like the argo's just became miamis farm team

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
i think ricky is a introspective type of guy who realized that his football career was as much about pleasing other people as it was about playing to his potential. he pisses off so many people in the states because he isn't doing what is expected of him, instead he is living his life the way he wants, much to the chagrin of people who want to make money off of him. i think it is awesome that he is a young man who questions the NFL corporate machine.

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
I'm at the dome now and need help! I just crossed paths with Ricky and asked him if he had hit any reggae clubs in the city. He said he didn't know where any where, but would love to! Problem is I don't know any reggae clubs either!
I know what box he's in, help!

I don't want to go with him and be a celeb whore, I'm just trying to help a brother out!
Help!

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Both TSN/Sportsnet are reporting that despite limited field time yesterday in practice, he was impressive...and more importantly, that it will put asses on those hard plastic seats in the dome.

gak

TRIBE Member
I've never watched a CFL game but I might now...anyone who puffs a few dubes and quits his job to go backpacking seems alright with me....better than the regular juiced up meatheads...

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
I was told that Thiesman was pissed at the whole organisation!
WTF Thiesman, did you want to be the most famous argo to star in the NFL? Get over it! And your commentary on Sunday nights used to annoy the fuck out of me! So would you please shut the hell up!

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
I've got no problem with Theismann on a personal level even though he played for the dreaded Redskins. He seems like an OK guy.

But I love how he rants about marijuana use like it's the biggest evil when him and his crew never make a comment about the several players who've been suspended over domestic abuse. Or else they'll say something like, "He's had some issues he had to work on, but he's a helluva football player."

His crew are the absolute worst at deifying Ray Lewis, who was with his buddies when a confrontation with a group other guys left two dead.