• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Richie Hawtin Not Dead at 32

Techno_Lord

TRIBE Member
Richie Hawtin Dead at 32

How many of you would really care if this statement was really true. When I first got into the scene he was my God. I worshiped the ground he walked on but what has he done for us lately. :confused:

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

ladd

TRIBE Member
I'd care because he's a human being..!?!
maybe he hasnt done anything for you lately (which is fine, people change), but he's still influencing djs, producers, and crowds around the world, as much as he did for you way back when.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
i don't know about "live", but i loved all his DE9 stuff.
if he were dead, that would mean the next DE9 would never come out.
it would be like the follow up to In uTero. (not counting unplugged nyc)

Techno_Lord

TRIBE Member
That's my boy. I was thinking the same thing when i saw his statement. But I thank him for at least responding to my thread. I would say by the amount of people who have looked but not said anything it really wouldn't matter if he was dead or alive. I think there are a lot of rubber neckers on this board. I guess if you have nothing insightful to say it is probably best to say nothing at all. But the stats from my statement prove to me that Richie really does not matter unless you have already bought a ticket to his next show.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sweetdaddy
i don't know about "live", but i loved all his DE9 stuff.
if he were dead, that would mean the next DE9 would never come out.
it would be like the follow up to In uTero. (not counting unplugged nyc)

I would thank my lucky stars if there wasn't another one. RE: In Utero - well there was a followup - it was Hole's album that came out so graciously *just* after Kurt died called - "Live through This". Though Courtney would never admit it, Kurt did most of the writing on that album, hell the whole thing screams Kurt.

Kill Courtney, leave Richie alone.

odbx

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
Oh lord.... why have you forsaken technos' angel?

anything/one who brings more ppl to the music is good in my books. If that was true, who would step into his shoes to promote techno music to the world?

he's the frank sinatra of our age...

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Re: ^^^

Originally posted by ktown
whats wrong with you dude?

Don't worry he's full of gaiety. Being sarcastic and morose is just his way of trying to maintain balance.

It's all zen ..

odbx

Techno_Lord

TRIBE Member
True Dat

But are we looking for a good will ambassador or sold banging hard Techno. Like Richie spun at ritual 1 at Masonic Temple. He is the one that keeps raising the bar, But has he reached a level now that not even he can get over. :rolleyes:

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: ^^^

Originally posted by oddmyth
Don't worry he's full of gaiety. Being sarcastic and morose is just his way of trying to maintain balance.

It's all zen ..

odbx

I guess I should have put an emoticon.

If I did it would be this one :rolleyes: quickly followed by a ;) or perhaps :p

ktown

TRIBE Member
... I would say by the amount of people who have looked but not said anything it really wouldn't matter if he was dead or alive. I think there are a lot of rubber neckers on this board. I guess if you have nothing insightful to say it is probably best to say nothing at all. But the stats from my statement prove to me that Richie really does not matter unless you have already bought a ticket to his next show.

maybe they just thought it was a stupid post :rolleyes:

The Kid

TRIBE Member
Re: Richie Hawtin Dead at 32

Originally posted by Techno_Lord
How many of you would really care if this statement was really true. When I first got into the scene he was my God. I worshiped the ground he walked on but what has he done for us lately. :confused:

what have you done for techno lately?

i really don't even want to add my "insight" because this is a really stupid topic. what would motivate you to post something like this, and then expect people to give you a serious response?

:confused: