• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Richie Hawtin: DE9 2005

kaniz

TRIBE Member
The more I listen to this CD, the more I love it - I wish I had 5.1

When I was downloading it, I was skimming through tracks here and there and thought 'hrmmm, could be a bit boring'

But after sitting down and listening to it from start to finish - it continues to grow on me and I think it's amazing.

It's really the kinda CD that you gotta listen to from start to finish, jumping around from track to track you cant really appreicate whats going on.

TheRunningBoard

TRIBE Member
Just got it today...so far, seems like a simliar installment of Closer To The Edit

Disclaimer:: I liked Closer To The Edit ALOT

Can't wait until tomorrow, thanks to my roomates we have 5.1, bi pol di pol and will get to it sometime this weekend.

DaftPunky

TRIBE Member
Still haven't heard this yet... waiting to find out whether or not it's going to be a b-day present next week.

But, just stumbled across this article (1999) that mentions a Hawtin throughout. I thought the very last paragraph was interesting. I wonder how long he's actually been working on this project.

faunty

TRIBE Member
how much do I love Mr. Hawtin- Here I am asking how am I gonna rip that 90 min. version for the mp3 player- turns out its already done and is included on the DVD.

then I asked myself am I happy with who i am
am i happy with the people around me
am i happy with what i'm doing
am i happy with the way my life is going
do i have a life
or am i just living

do not let these questions restrain or trouble you
point yourself in the direction of your dreams
find your strength in the sound

and make your transition

I<3Robots

TRIBE Member
i thought it was ironic that everyone was going off about that sample at fuse-in when you could have just walked across the plaza to have caught Galaxy 2 Galaxy/UR live at the exact same time. i had to split my time between both his sweat pit and the mosh pit at UR. it brings a tear to me eye just remembering it.

that being said, love this release in 5.1

ian

TRIBE Member
Just heard it on a 5.1 system and realize now that this is actually an amazing recording!