• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Richie Hawtin: DE9 2005

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

grit

TRIBE Member
i would think hawtin's gonna go real deep, slow, clicky minimal in the guv, wouldn't ya think? - strictly because of the crowds knowledge of the music.

i personally can't wait to hear cornstein, and burridge take me away to lala land. and I get so damn hyped when they lift their arms to the sky in their godlike status. it's so sexy. and meaningful.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Well, I hope its not slow... I hope he spins a rocking set... Marco Bailey did an awesome job at G2, and maybe Hawtin will do the same... He is the main reason as to why I am going... I think the crowd is a bit more knowledgeable at the Nine Year party then the typical Saturday, but who knows... Thought Hawtin might bring in a better crowd...

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by grit
it's gonna be so slow, I'm talkin ballad slow. slow dancing with your partner n shit.

I will then cry in a corner by myself... Who the fuck has a dancing partner except when your at a wedding...???? :)

grit

TRIBE Member
on the topic of partners, i even read in an recent interview that lately Rich has been going into some real lush country ho-down stuff. he then grabs the mike and let's loose- 'grab yer partner round n round, round n round, round n round, grab yer partner round n round, howdy- doody- deee -dum.'

it's quite something.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jeffpayne
as in I, personally, am not going to the Guv to see Hawtin.
Pussy. ;)

I'm going; there is just too little techno being played on big sound systems in this country (toronto is the most happenin spot for international techno bookings at the moment, isnt that sad?) - I will not pass it up because I hate the guv.

and I do hate the guv.
but fuck, they keep booking these big techno heavyweights, and I will take what I can get.

MissBlu - I personally thought Bailey blew at G2. He should stick to the studio. Clarke was the star of that night!

eLeKTRon

TRIBE Member
he then grabs the mike and let's loose- 'grab yer partner round n round, round n round, round n round, grab yer partner round n round, howdy- doody- deee -dum.'
lol.
But you know, if he did that, it would probably sound really, really good.

The man has such an awesome sense of rhythm. If anyone could pull off something crazy like that, it would be Richie.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
on the topic of partners, i even read in an recent interview that lately Rich has been going into some real lush country ho-down stuff. he then grabs the mike and let's loose- 'grab yer partner round n round, round n round, round n round, grab yer partner round n round, howdy- doody- deee -dum.'

it's quite something.
Strangely I'd rather see him do this than do what he's prolly going to do there anyways ..

grit

TRIBE Member
actually come to think of it, if you sampled that country vocal, sped up the pitch to almost chipmunk pitch, put the right beat behind it, it could work. serious. maybe distort the vocal a bit so you can't make it out clearly. put some rythmic banjo in there.

little bit of bluegrass techno.

Last edited:

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
Pussy. ;)

I'm going; there is just too little techno being played on big sound systems in this country (toronto is the most happenin spot for international techno bookings at the moment, isnt that sad?) - I will not pass it up because I hate the guv.

and I do hate the guv.
but fuck, they keep booking these big techno heavyweights, and I will take what I can get.

MissBlu - I personally thought Bailey blew at G2. He should stick to the studio. Clarke was the star of that night!
Clarke was awesome... I liked Bailey's set (still)...
I dont really like the guv either, can hardly find anyone who will make the hour long drive with me too... But I think the lineup for nine year is worth it...