• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

richard devine @ social

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
That was a pleasant surprise. I just wish I arrived in time to hear more of his DJ set.

It was surprisingly "standard"

,g

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
Hey, my post was completely innocent and you turned into a SPAM segue. But well, yeah, if you like Richard Devine then you probably dig Kero.

As an aside: I don't get why Toronto has slept on the schematic cats so much. They are pretty influential throughout the states, but aside from devine they haven't really played much in Canada (and Phonecia shows at the music gallery don't count). I can only assume this has more to do with border crossing than anything, but it's strange because the warp artists have a good foothold in Toronto, yet Devine comes to town and he plays an unannounced DJ set for the techno cognoscenti and a hen party.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
I've got most of the schematic catalogue. no sleeping here.

schematic is dope. most of devine's stuff is dope.

huge otto von schirach fan

jeswa
phoenecia
etc.

A+

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by isoprax
I've got most of the schematic catalogue. no sleeping here.

schematic is dope. most of devine's stuff is dope.

huge otto von schirach fan

jeswa
phoenecia
etc.
Mr. Isoprax, you'd be the first to point out that your taste in general, is the exception and not the rule. ;)

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by gsnuff
Mr. Isoprax, you'd be the first to point out that your taste in general, is the exception and not the rule. ;)

right.

certainly explains the "Best of the Turtles" cd I just bought :D

musork

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by isoprax
right.

certainly explains the "Best of the Turtles" cd I just bought :D
doh
;)

joking

yeah greg you know me promo machine you even called me that they other day...
;)

so yeah back to KERO = good music if you dont already know if you can picture techno inspired by idm and electro (in the detroit sense not the skinny white indie rock kid sense) youll like KERO's version of 4x4 music: glitch for the dance floor
also his live music/video show IMHO is one of the best intergrations of live techno and video controlled by one person.
so come out to see this detroit kid strut his stuff as hes not to be missed...

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
my fav kero ep is still the midget breaks one on detroit underground

blue vinyl release....kinda low-fi compared to his sound now but great to hear/play

jus me

TRIBE Member
whoa...just got the word detund merged with schematic! congratulations are in order. :)

big things on the way!