1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Rich Hope - Summer Promo 2010 Pt. I

Discussion in 'DJ Mixes' started by oeretS, Jun 29, 2010.

1. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

Hey guys, please enjoy my new mix which I just recorded for a King West club. It's 70 minutes of mid-tempo slow house and soul for your patios and BBQ's. There's a bunch of vinyl-only stuff in here, including the Onur Engin edit which I think is this years top tune so far.

This is the first part of 2 summer mixes from me. the next one will be a little more bumpin :)

Mixed on two CDJ's and a Tech 1200.

right click / save as:
    Rich Hope - Summer Promo 2010 Part I

Tracklist:

* Scrubfish & Laurence - Disco Papacy (Jibjab) Spatula City
    1 Aeroplane – We Can’t Fly (Rich’s Edit) Eskimo
    2 Tiger & Woods – Love in Cambodgia (Editainment)
    * Da Ranjahz ft Cee-Lo – Insp Her Ation (Accapella Mix) Villa
    3 Tres Gueros – Instead You Go (Dave Allison Mix) Headtunes
    4 Giano – Stella in the Starlight (Dave Allison Mix) Alphabet Music
    5 PBR Streetgang – Silas! (Wolf Music)
    * Metro Area – Miura (Rich’s Tool Edit) CDR
    6 Crazy P - Never Gonna Reach Me (Hot Toddy Mix) 2020 Vision
    7 Matt Hughes – Playing On My Mind (Outcross)
    8 Will De V – Be Thankful For What You Got (Onur Engin Edit) Square Edits
    9 Burnt Island Casuals – Truth & Temptation (Under The Shade)
    10 Stevie Wonder – Love Light in Flight (The Revenge Edit) CDR
    11 Alex Wilson - Show Me (LTJ Xperience Mix) Arision
    * Metro Area – Miura (Rich’s Tool Edit) CDR
    12 The Revenge – Just Be Good To Me (Ron Basejam Mix) NeedWant
    13 Villa ft The New Sins – Beats of Love (Dub Mix) Abracada
    * Da Ranjahz ft Cee-Lo – Insp Her Ation (Accapella Mix) Villa
    14 Hess is More – Yes Boss (Pete Herbert Mix) Music For Dreams
    15 Crazy P – You Wanna Do (Hotbath Re-Edits)
    16 Ron Basejam – Run With You (ISM Records)
    17 Lauer – MTX9 SD Beta (Rich’s Edit) Permanent Vacation
    18 Broadway & Wilson – Sunny (Pointfive Mix) Farris Wheel Records

enjoy!

2. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Crazy.

3. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

Crazy "P" to be precise.

4. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

Top tunes.

I think I might have to start buying vinyl again, there seems to be a lot of vinyl only releases in the stuff I'm digging these days.

5. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

yeah there are for sure. But it's a dangerous slope money-wise.

I just let my crate go for a few months and then pick about 5 of the best records to order. As opposed to digi, where you need to buy something the day it's released to be fresh, with vinyl-only you can order shit whenever you want and it's always fresh cause almost nobody else buys it

6. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

That's a good strategy Rich. I could see one ending up with an amazing record collection that way.

7. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

yeah it's starting to look pretty good!

The problem with me is patience. When I used to hear something I loved, I would find any means to get it right away. Can't do that anymore and it hurts sometimes.

The other issue is that certain vinyl-only releases have a limited pressing and sell out within a week or two, so you gamble when you leave it in the crate too long

8. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

With so many venues only having CDJs are you finding you're having to rip them anyway? And with so many crews that are putting out "vinyl only" releases, yet playing strictly Serato, it is a bit frustrating. I guess that 's why Gadi and Soul Clap are calling their new vinyl only label, "Double Standard Records".

9. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

have you heard the Soul Clap RnB edits? I want that record bad.

and no I haven't ripped anything yet, just because I don't play the nu-disco stuff out very often. that will change soon though so I'd better sort it out - my rips have been shit in the past though, you need to buy a special needle right?

10. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

I have a belt drive turntable I used for rips that sounded better than Technics but the needle is dead and I am having trouble finding one that works.

Rich look into Grado carts. You can get a basic one for under $100 I think and it will produce better results than a DJ cart. Also if you can locate the original rubber mat and use that instead of a slipmat.

11. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

That's a crazy dope record and I want it so bad. I NEED to be able to play "Extravaganza", that's my jam of the summer and the soulful, deep, bass heavy sound that is really doing it for me now. We need to jam, son!

Can't wait to actually give this mix a proper listen.

12. oddmyth

oddmyth TRIBE Member

I agree there's still way too much vinyl only release out there. Its maddening to me. Especially because I hate stealing someone's music and its silly because its simply a format problem.

For the few releases that I have absolutely had to have I have emailed the artist label and asked if there was going to be an electronic release and if so when and if not, could I buy a track straight from them for something like $5.

Most of them due end up *eventually* coming to digital (Mark E's Merc label FINALLY). But a few I have had to pay up for.

Back to what matters. Tracklist looks amazing Rich, will listen intently after the DL.

13. oddmyth

oddmyth TRIBE Member

I find myself doing that with digi as well. Sometimes you feel something one day and then a week goes by and you find it more derivative then original. I usually only pay out for my digi crate about once every two months. Sometimes rising it as high as $200 only to cull it back to about $80.

It also helps that I have a grandfathered in eMusic plan for 100 downloads so I cross reference my BP/Juno lists with eMusic before purchasing. The price differential on eMusic is about 5 times less than the going rate, however updates happen much less frequently there.

I'm still trying to figure out how I used to be able to drop close to $500 a month on music in my previous life. These days I average about $50!

14. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

i say the three of us get together soon.

15. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

totally agree, I do this with digi as well but I'm far less discriminating and far more impulsive

unreal right? used to come home from play de after dropping $200 on tunes. After a 1/2 hour playing with them (all 10 songs!) you're trying to convince yourself how totally worth it that was

oh and thanks for checking the mix, hope you dig!

16. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

last bump for anyone who may have missed it the first time around

thanks for listening :)

17. FreaknBigPanda

FreaknBigPanda TRIBE Member

Really enjoyed this one :) thanks rich!

18. dabeats

dabeats TRIBE Member

Nicely done Rich. Tee really likes it.

19. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member