• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

rewinds

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
I think rewinds can totally bring the vibe of a tune out sometimes. If you see the crowd going totally insano then yeah pull it back, clearly people are dying over it. BUT, the MC should NEVER EVER do it. Although not more than once either- one time at Comfort Zone for some jungle jam I remember Original Nuttah rewinded 7 times. I was on so much drugs that I remember actually loving it. Haha, oh to be so young again.

Kung Po Beef

TRIBE Member
Rewinds are allowed but capped at 2 per primetime dj.
The cap will stop the unnecessary rewinds of tunes that are either not that good or are played out.
Maximum crowd participation is also necessary for a dj to even think of pulling his shit up.

No rewinds for opening or closing djs.

Any DJ that does not abide should get his MC's mic directly up his ass.

0=0

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Kung Po Beef
Rewinds are allowed but capped at 2 per primetime dj. .
i concur..

2 is just enough to do a trick..

i just wish most primetime DJs would play even JUST TWO TRACKS IN A SET WORTH REWINDING!

j

0=0

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
i remeber when there wasnt rewinds....only the HUGEST tunes would get them...then all of a sudden it was rewinds for any tune a name dj dropped...then i left the scene cause it caught the gh3y...last jungle jam was the delerium with bill riley mc moose dj icey and dream warriors...was good..

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
My favorite lately is the DJ denied MC called Rewind.
Example: Loxy MC Rage - Live End London - 2004-04-02.mp3

MC can't rhyme (worst fucking mc'ing ever on this set. Laughable) calls for the rewind on the FIRST fucking song. Loxy ignores him. Keeps calling. No rewind. So eventually he drops it, and keeps asking the crowd "Who's in the place" which apparently passes as good MC'ing. About 20 minutes later, calls again. No rewind. Starts shouting RELOAD at the top of his lungs, over and over and over. No deal.
If I was there I would have been on the floor laughing my ass off if I hadn't thrown a bottle at the weak ass MC first. I've seen it a few times in real life, but this set is probably the best example of it I've ever heard.

And I do like rewinds sometimes. Depends on the DJ (a good tight rewind is awesome when done right), and the tune being reloaded. I remember seeing BC at The Opera House, and Shake It was THE tune at the time. It got overplayed so bad that night, but at the time people went off. I remember it getting rewound 3 times in a row and the crowd was still going apeshit. The vibe is also a key factor too I suppose.

fuzzy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Kung Po Beef
Rewinds are allowed but capped at 2 per primetime dj.
The cap will stop the unnecessary rewinds of tunes that are either not that good or are played out.
Maximum crowd participation is also necessary for a dj to even think of pulling his shit up.

No rewinds for opening or closing djs.

Any DJ that does not abide should get his MC's mic directly up his ass.
Hear hear!

digiram79

TRIBE Member
I can live with out the mc and the rewind. Some MC, with thier blabbering blabbering, can kill an entire set. MC, should know when they should speak and when they should just stfu.

No offense to all MC's out there b/c some of you are pretty good, actually.

keld

TRIBE Member
whoa whoa rewind

wtf happened to my high contrast at cosmic trip thread? did a search, i think it was deleted

WTF :mad:

2shapethefuture

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by keld
whoa whoa rewind

wtf happened to my high contrast at cosmic trip thread? did a search, i think it was deleted

WTF :mad:
yeah i know, same with the d-bridge i posted from the same jam.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :confused:

keld

TRIBE Member
alexd says in the top thread:

if its a DJ mix to download put it in the DJ Mix Forum.

Please post your threads in the appropriate forum category or they will be deleted.
um, last time i checked i dont have the bandwidth to host a mix for the billion people on tribe. so thats why we use yousendit which can allow for 25 downloads, just about the right amount of traffic in this particular room.

fine, from now on i'll post that shit in the mix forum, the link will expire after about a day, and then there will be a garbage thread stinking up the mix forum. whatever.