• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

revolution the TV show

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I never saw this show until now. I brought the entire first season of revolution down with me and I am working my way through it. My impressions: If it stays dark and does not get too domestic and Disney family like that retarded Terra Nova, then it should be OK.

The premise is kind of neat, with a global blackout and the US deconstructing into regional districts and people reverting to the use of steam and shit.

What is it with the pouty cast? It is like the casting couch dude had a fetish for lips.

acheron

TRIBE Member
heheh we enjoy watching it, has a bit of edge but it never goes past Hunger Games-level... dude from Breaking Bad (Los Pollos Hermanos owner) is pretty awesome, it's nice to see his character being fleshed out over time.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
heheh we enjoy watching it, has a bit of edge but it never goes past Hunger Games-level... dude from Breaking Bad (Los Pollos Hermanos owner) is pretty awesome, it's nice to see his character being fleshed out over time.
Ya, I like those before the blackout segments too.

stryker

TRIBE Member
read my comments in the fall tv show thread. MAde the same mistake..bought the whole season. It doesn't get better...just worse.

stew :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
alexd. comeon, man. you know better than that. I, too, was sort of pumped for this shit until 2 episodes in I realized it's a train wreck. There hasn't been a good quality TV show since L&O imo - lost and heroes perhaps - but even they got lost Pun intended.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Not very good. I think i'd like it a lot more if the main characters didn't look like they stepped out of a Hollister catalogue. Feels pretty fake on that line.

too bad, because the Idea has potential.

alison87

TRIBE Member
Dude, if you think Sons of Anarchy is soft, don't even go here. Revolution is piss-weak. As we discussed in the new TV shows thread, it's only really worth watching for Gus Fring and for the fact it was the only sci-fi show on TV last season. Totally Terra Nova. But i still watched all the episodes.

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Yep. Lost interest after ep 2...and I'm not very picky about what we "watch" as I'm usually gaming/tinkering at the same time.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alison87

TRIBE Member
Okay, i have totally done a 180 on this show in the second block of season one. The first half was all about whiny sister and whiny uncle and peasants in mud huts. I don't know if they thought they were going to get canceled so they started writing the second half increasingly cynically, or if it was planned as a slow build all along, but shit got fucking real in the season finale. Give it a chance, even if it's just to watch Gus Fring continue to fail pathetically in every mission he undertakes. From the cheesy Airwolf scene onwards, each episode gets more nihilistic. It's still full of contrived coincidences, but now they're proper spy-fi/conspiracy contrivances, and that is so much more entertaining than watching a bunch of white collar pirate wannabes having sword fights.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Just watched episode 1 of the second season. It is so much better than when it first started out. Much like many here, I really hated the whiny kids. It improved as the season progressed. This last episode was very dark with a couple of interesting twists. Anyone who gave up at the beginning of the first season should give it a second go. Worth it imo.