• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

review: teDD paTTerson @ Sonic

joinT

TRIBE Member
Another Stellar night @ Sonic. got there a little before 2 and from the lineup figured it would be pretty quiet inside. got in & the place was bumpin' already. Nevio played a nice opening set, though not as impressive as his opener for Danny Torrence.

Tedd Patterson came on and took it to a whole new level. If you were on the dancefloor you were busy getting down. DDTT truly is the perfect description for Patteron's sound. His set while not "all over the place" did move back & forth from darker/techier sounds to dirty tribal beats - all nicely tied together with slick loops & samples, throw in airhorn & you have party music.

Gotta love his enthusiasm & innovation. Craziest part of the night was when he (guessing on specifics here) kept increasing the speed of this very distorted sample. First he covers his ears (warning us) then it just keeps getting louder & more distorted (while still beatmatched) until nearly the entire club is covering their ears (except for me, I was jumping up & down, arms in the air and screaming my head off)

Here is why I
heartpump.gif
Sonic.

- This is the 2nd week in a row I've seen Eddy K come down to the dancefloor around 7-8am and just hand out water bottles to those of us still boppin' - very cool
icon14.gif

- A little after 8 Tedd wraps it up. Most people say some quick goodbyes and are gone. Next thing you know Carey is standing on the steps and he shouts out "You guys want music?" to which I am the only one to reply "Fuck yea" - so Nevio steps in and lays down around 7-8 tunes - for literally 8 people.

All in all an uber saturday night/sunday..

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

preacherman

TRIBE Member
Sonic - its like church without the pews. Where the sermon is HOUSE and the DJ the preacher to a congregation of swaying bodies and happy feet.

Sunday morning I left a changed man. Never have a I been to a place where you can stand on one side of the room and still feel the sound surround you; a place where all come to appreciate and share in the vibe for one reason and that is to dance. Mr Patterson thank you taking us on a journey of your warpped and twisted mind, that sound that bass that rythm was hypnotic.

I particularily enjoyed spending my last hour there sitting atop the subwoofers in the back observing the room and the altar from which that sound was being produced. :D

joinT

TRIBE Member
preacherman said:
Sonic - its like church without the pews. Where the sermon is HOUSE and the DJ the preacher to a congregation of swaying bodies and happy feet.

Sunday morning I left a changed man. Never have a I been to a place where you can stand on one side of the room and still feel the sound surround you; a place where all come to appreciate and share in the vibe for one reason and that is to dance. Mr Patterson thank you taking us on a journey of your warpped and twisted mind, that sound that bass that rythm was hypnotic.

I particularily enjoyed spending my last hour there sitting atop the subwoofers in the back observing the room and the altar from which that sound was being produced. :D

Sonic is my favourite club. Guaranteed good time.

The system ROCKS. It doesn't really matter where you decide to dance. (I like in front of speakers or the middle ;))

Last hour = last hour of Patterson? or?
When Patterson finished Carey came down the steps and asked "You guys want music?".. only I said anything - but it was an emphatic "fuck yea!" so Nevio came on & spun about 7-8 tracks for the 8 people remaining... it felt like it was basically for me.. but then i got the rest of the people i was there with dancing..

awesome night. thanks to the excellent sonic staff.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deevah

TRIBE Member
i hate you joinT, you must be obliterated

Mushroom%20_Cloud.jpg

ok, here goes

I must say - i'm very impressed and fond of the marketing Sonic is applying to every aspect of their business. The glist tickets are coded - Family for comps, Industry for the next level, and I haven't seen the 3rd yet. Or maybe the 3 combined are a way to promo the next reunion party which you KNOW will be happening soon.

Downstairs lounge - ok, so i hope everyone has seen the big portrait of Morales presented to him on opening nite. C&C had their own as well. There's 3 new portraits underway - can anyone guess who they are? Answer on pg 86. ;) i'm superduper excited about 1 of them in particular - geee...3 guesses as to who that may be and your first 2 don't count :p

The blacklights are an AMAZING addition to the club and i just happened to be wearing white. Will be great for future White Parties for the boys. Apparent the controls are in the DJ booth and not w/ the visuals dept. Speaking of lights - certainly getting better, less epileptic and syncs w/ the choons. Too bad the Digital Visualists were off.

Tedd was great, had everyone dancing - very few ppl in the seating areas. I thought the place was comfortably full. Enough room for everyone to move but still quite intimate.

Tunes - well shit, i've forgotten most of them by now so shame of me for not getting ontop of writing this review. There were 2 versions of Rej, Dibiza, Alan T w/ the Door, christ...mebbe some more will come back to me. I knew i should've written it down when i got home. O well. And i was so proud of myself for recognizing a massive number of them.

I had to leave by 7 so i'm *almost* pleased to hear he skootched off @ 8.

Side note: ran into a girl i went to highschool with in the boondocks. Can't believe she recognized me cuz i wouldn't have known it was her. Apparently I still look the same and my voice still sounds the same (she actually recognized my voice first). Little did she know i still act the same :p

sugar

TRIBE Member
Deevah you were there??? Poop! I would've liked to have seen you.

I really enjoyed Nevio's set, esp. the mix of Strike - You Sure Do!!! Yay for cheese. Tedd Patterson's set was good, but a bit too heavy and "4am at the rave"ish for me to really get into. The renovations were nicely done, and the smoking patio was a breath of fresh air.

deevah

TRIBE Member
stanimal said:
deevah, were you the girl who asked if i played volleyball? if so, it was nice to meet you :).

yes! that was me *curtsies*
pleasure was mine
(ok snapper, you were referring to this bloke)

hope you don't EVER have to play @ birchmount CI - we played there last nite...it was so hot i didn't even have to move to be sweat buckets...drenched!

sugar - i've already moved my furniture in - didn't see u either! but then again, my small little eyes don't see anyone until they walk right infront of me! sorry i missed ya girl

joinT

TRIBE Member
deevah said:
i hate you joinT, you must be obliterated

haha, i actually spent the better part of 4 hours dancing at my buddies place for the after-jam.. worst was after danny torrence - first weekend back from being sick.. i think i've gotten the training back after several weekends of 8+ hours on sonics dancefloor.. :D

ROFL after seeing your post on HA, now I understand you really meant you are planning to send some pain in my direction :eek: :( :mad: ;)

Last edited:

joinT

TRIBE Member
deevah said:
I must say - i'm very impressed and fond of the marketing Sonic is applying to every aspect of their business. The glist tickets are coded - Family for comps, Industry for the next level, and I haven't seen the 3rd yet. Or maybe the 3 combined are a way to promo the next reunion party which you KNOW will be happening soon.

pretty sure the 3rd is "friend" - that's what ours said saturday.

stanimal

TRIBE Member
ha yeah... trust me, east york was JUST as hot last night... i think i went through 4 bottles of water in that hour...

anywho, i guess i should give a review.

i was really impressed with nevio. solid set which had me dancing most of the time i was there. i love the renos and there was a perfect amount of people there - lots of room to bust out on the dancefloor, without it feeling empty at all.

patterson was alright... didn't really have any expectations going in, and it wasn't that he was horrible or anything... he was just playing a little too hard for me at that time... (did i really just say that?! my god, i must be getting old!)

like deevah, recognized a lot of tracks, but can't for the life of me remember any right now.