• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

review: Saeed Younan @ Boa

joinT

TRIBE Member
short because my back is destroyed and needs rest.

well i had a good time, the opening dj's mixes were kinda off.. :confused: but he essentially played all very popular tunes.. so at least people were still having some fun..

what a difference when Saeed came on.. for myself i was sittin down and something felt different.. looked up and he's spinning and i just jumped up to dance.. he really had the place going off..

best part of the night was his mix/mash up of "you know i've got it" & "tweakin".. absolutely rocking..

jerome robins closed. best set i've heard from him since RR 5 yr ann. party, also many recognizable tunes (but nowhere near as "only very popular" tracks as the opening dj.) he didn't play "till there was you"

place closed around 6.

dg0425

TRIBE Member
joinT said:
short because my back is destroyed and needs rest.

best part of the night was his mix/mash up of "you know i've got it" & "tweakin".. absolutely rocking..

jerome robins closed. best set i've heard from him since RR 5 yr ann. party, also many recognizable tunes (but nowhere near as "only very popular" tracks as the opening dj.) he didn't play "till there was you"

place closed around 6.
I wonder if it was Jerome or Saeed that dropped "steppin to the beat"?

assassaint

TRIBE Member
what an awesome night. music was perfect 10/10 for that. nothing else to say, i was smiling most of the night hehe

whats the name of that "la-da-di-da-da-do" track. kickass tune

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

joinT

TRIBE Member
^^^
Jon nice meeting you :)

Richard Raiban said:
Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman (Funk Agenda Mix)

SIIICK!!!
ok i heard this track THREE times last night.. once by the opener and iirc Saeed dropped it twice.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Aleks

TRIBE Member
stopped by early in the night....to a not so busy boa, but it filled up and the music was rocking quite steadily. Saeed was definately on point from the get go. good times!

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
Missed it!!
I'll have to catch him in the summer, good international tribal Djs are a rare thing these days in T.O.

Anyone herd of Tomiie coming to T.O?
TrIbAlNut

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
joinT said:
Agreed! Thanks for pointing it out to me. :)

Busy night, glad to see that so many people still like the dirty tribal sound. The opening dj.... sigh.... he really needs to work on his mixing. Saaed played a mismash of oldies, new stuff and dirty bassy tunes that drove the dancefloor into a frenzy. Sorry I didn't stay late to hear Jerome's set, I was in a bit of a grumpy mood and just wanted to go home.

assassaint

TRIBE Member
Psyrel said:
Agreed! Thanks for pointing it out to me. :)

The opening dj.... sigh.... he really needs to work on his mixing.
well im no dj and i dont know too much about mixing but whoever was opening that night kicked ass. im not going into his mixing cause i really dont know was he good or not but his track selection was awesome

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Tony Bandana

TRIBE Promoter
I remember the days when djs would drop sets with no "recognizable" tunes..

and always thought those guys were the best ...

:D

joinT

TRIBE Member
assassaint said:
well im no dj and i dont know too much about mixing but whoever was opening that night kicked ass. im not going into his mixing cause i really dont know was he good or not but his track selection was awesome
Tony Bandana said:
I remember the days when djs would drop sets with no "recognizable" tunes.. and always thought those guys were the best ...

:D

I'm not against popular music, but honestly it was like he just played every tune that was huge last year. Fun? yes, impressive? not really.

assassaint

TRIBE Member
joinT said:
I'm not against popular music, but honestly it was like he just played every tune that was huge last year. Fun? yes, impressive? not really.

i know what are u sayin bro. we're not all the same, im a simple guy and i enjoy simple things. all im saying is i had loads of fun for his set too. i didnt notice any problems with his mixing cause i really dont pay any attention to it

joinT

TRIBE Member
i hear ya.. if his mixing had been on i'm positive i'd be raving about his set too.. as it was, it took saeed to really get me going that night..

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders