1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

reverse lookup on a cell number??

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by dvs, Oct 16, 2005.

1. dvs

dvs TRIBE Promoter

is there a way to do it??

tried reverse-lookup (reverse 411) on a a number but i just get info telling me it's registered to fido/microcell. is there a way to find out a name or addy for a cell phone number?

d

2. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

nope, can't do it.

cell numbers are not published.

3. dvs

dvs TRIBE Promoter

didn't think so... oh well.

d

4. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

Ask a buddy who works at the cell phone company to do it.

There are many grunts who don't realize it's unethical who will do it.

-jM
    A&D

5. dvs

dvs TRIBE Promoter

it's cool. found a cell over the weekend and was waiting for a call from it's owner when i posted this. thought i might be able to look up some contact info to get it back to it's rightful owner. it's since found it's way home safe and sound. ;)

d

6. ravinjunkie

ravinjunkie TRIBE Member

I usually call up the home number in the address book and let them know they've lost their phone.

7. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

just start calling people in the address book...

Since my name begins with "A" I'm first in a lot of people's cells. I have quite few people call me telling me they found a cell.

8. dvs

dvs TRIBE Promoter

lol

thought about that at the time. wasn't in there hence this initial post. a good suggestion thugh. lol ;)

9. dvs

dvs TRIBE Promoter

he called about a few hours after this post as i assumed he would. back in the owners possesion. ;)

d