1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Return of the Mullet?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by MrMarcus, Oct 18, 2005.

1. MrMarcus

MrMarcus TRIBE Member

I know that pink shirts have been getting quite popular recently. I have one myself. Right now, I'm in Hong Kong, and EVERYBODY's rockin' the pink shirt. so I assume it must have made a comeback here before it hit Toronto.

I also notice that the mullet is making a comeback too. the spikey mullet... ala Paul Young, Kajagoogoo type. so does that mean... gasp ... we're gonna see a resurgence of the mullet too?

2. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

mullets galore
    check out classifications.
    hunts is some crazy shit.

3. technowelt

technowelt TRIBE Member

please.. i laugh when i see the douchebags with the popped-collar pink golf shirts.. come on, spring was like 6 months ago!

as for the mullet, the euro-mullet has come and gone.

4. HouseHeadSacha

HouseHeadSacha TRIBE Member

^

what he said.

5. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

i have a mullet... but it's just a plain old white trash mullet.. nothin fancy over here :p

6. MrMarcus

MrMarcus TRIBE Member

hmmm... so noone's the least bit worried? ah well... that's good to know. :D

7. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

if you see someone with a mullet it's for ironic purposes...or they actually don't know any better

as for the pink shirt only Asians and guys like Usher and Kanye can get away with it

8. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

thankfully my hair is now past the growing out mullett stage

9. DINGER

DINGER TRIBE Member

I'm working hard on getting a mullet back. I don't know how far i'll go but i think it is making a slow comeback.

10. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

Who gives a shit. Let people rock what they want.

11. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

It's already come and gone. Mullets had their "it's so uncool it's cool" phase in Toronto last year.

12. wayne bradbury

wayne bradbury TRIBE Member

mullets crossed with a fauxhawk are still fairly popular here in Australia. Most that have this hairstyle usually rock pink shirts with horrible brown graffitti type shit offset onto the shoulder area.

13. Bean

Bean TRIBE Member

zee mullet: business in the front, party in the back.

peace,

sabina

14. Chaos

Chaos TRIBE Member

People who think they are fucking ugly? Like, really, really, really fucking ugly?

If all the *really* fat chicks in the t.dot decided to wear booty shorts and halter tops you'd support/enjoy that?

What about racially offensive clothing? Some people would surely have no issues, i'm sure others would think differently.

Some things are just abominations, like ANY shirt with the collar up, mullets & fat chicks in halter tops.

:D

c.

15. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

It always follows the same pattern:

1. Something goes out of style and anyone wearing it is deemed out of touch (take your pick here: 80's style, trucker hats, mullets, etc...).

2. Shortly thereafter, some celebrity will rock the style, or it will be featured in a magazine.

3. Fashionista types follow suit first and sport the same style, claiming to be the ones who are popularizing it.

4. Everyone else hops on the bandwagon and sports the same style. Ugliness ensues all down Queen st. for months.

5. Fashionista types decry everyone now wearing the style as "followers", style become uncool again.

16. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

Can't wait for parachutes pants to make a comeback.