• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Retardedly Good Techno - Quick & Smart - Live on Funkwerk Radio Germany

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Volker Weigand a.k.a. QuickandSmart

I think most people know I like some pretty odd stuff, crazy at times, but definitely different than most Techno heard in these parts. That said this guy is definitely the most unique artist I know of/know. Full of energy, no, no, FULL OF ENERGY. His material is hard as nails but spastic as a quivering colon. Insane edits, fills, sample oddities, and breaks mixed with basslines that disturb the dead. I get super hyped everytime I hear his livesets and have done everything I can do get everyone to listen to this guy.

If you liked Speedy J...this guy would eat his last Toronto liveset alive ;)

I got him to record his live set from last night on a German radio show so I could share his recent stuff with Toronto.

Download Quick & Smart Live @ Radio Funkwerk (this will ruin your will to listen to anything else. be warned)

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Note: There is no tracklist as this isn't a DJ set, it's Live. it's all Quick & Smart material.

d.code

TRIBE Member
This isn't my usual choice of listening material- but this live set is off the hook! It changes things up so quickly. The fills and little cuts are awsome. I really liked some of the break downs they created and the way the pitch changed.

Good fuckin' shit!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
I dug around and fouund that I have 3 more to put online so just check that folder in a few days and more treats will be found ;)

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
this is wicked.

isoprax i hope you know that your selfless enthusiasm and devotion to hosting and distributing music you love and even some you don't is really appreciated.

i got a beer with your name on it should we ever meet.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Spinsah said:
this is wicked.

isoprax i hope you know that your selfless enthusiasm and devotion to hosting and distributing music you love and even some you don't is really appreciated.

i got a beer with your name on it should we ever meet.
I don't drink, but the offer is congratulations enough.