• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Resturant recomendations for Bloor west Village

TRO

TRIBE Member
anyone know of a good resturant for a group of about 7 people in this area...along the subway line...good food nothing to risque...plesent atmosphere on a saturday evening around 7 pm
 

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
Serra. on the north side (accorss from the church) just west of Spadina. amazing italian in a cozy inviroment. get the grilled calamri!
 

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Aphrodite said:
Serra. on the north side (accorss from the church) just west of Spadina. amazing italian in a cozy inviroment. get the grilled calamri!
That's not BWV.

I like Sharkey's (I think that's the name...at the corner where Future Bakery used to be) and Queen's Pasta.
 

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Queen's pasta..

All time fav was Mad Apples (Is it still there??)

There's an Il Fornello's that took over Zsa Zsa'a and Fiasco.... Don't go there with me!!! Those 2 restaurants rocked!! I miss brunch at Zsa Zsa's..:( Searching for years, but Landon and I have never found a restaurant that compares.. Annemarie was the best manager.. Loved her!!
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
sharkey's sucks!! queen's pasta ... green mango ... those two are pretty ok. there IS an italian place that i haven't been to there called torro or terra or somethign like that, discussed in another thread about restaurants along bwv ... problem is most of the restaurants in that neck of the woods suck unfortunately. i just moved out of that neighborhood (for a different reason :) ) after having tried pretty much all of 'em. pretty good burgers at the yellow griffin.
 

stickball

TRIBE Member
TRO said:
anyone know of a good resturant for a group of about 7 people in this area...along the subway line...good food nothing to risque...plesent atmosphere on a saturday evening around 7 pm
Fuck Sharkey's and Green Mango . . . go to Dr. Generosity's.

By far my favorite restaurant in the area. I would describe it as an 'upscale pub'. The food is always excellant, always friendly staff, amazing daily specials, non-pretentious atmosphere and a good wine selction. No problem's having a table of 7 laughing and having a good time.

It's located beside Sharkeys on the South side of Bloor 1 block East of Runneymede station.

I've taken a number of people here and have NEVER had any complaints. I would make a reservation as they are usually busy on weekends, specially for a table of seven.

You won't be dissapointed!

Enjoy! :)

mike
 

octo

TRIBE Member
queen's pasta is a safe bet

i've always been treated well at sharkey's but i know lots of people who refuse to go there anymore

yellow griffen is decent for pub food but i've got a love hate relationship with that place.

dr. generosity is good. great service, good food.

green mango gets a thumbs down from me.

if you want to ge further west to islington, check out the Angus steak house. yummy steak.

there are a couple of more really good restos in the kingsways and bloor west village area but i'm drunk and am havimg trouble remembering. DO NOT GO TO BARCELONA

if you want good polish food chekc out Ronces

oh damn i'm so hungry now
 

Bean

TRIBE Member
might not fit what you're looking for, for this occaision, but recommended nonetheless:

amber, north side of bloor, just west of willard. their largest table seats 4. european food.

there's an il fornello, but the service is notsogood.

green mango is tasty, a little bit fancypants.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
stickball said:
Fuck Sharkey's and Green Mango . . . go to Dr. Generosity's.

By far my favorite restaurant in the area. I would describe it as an 'upscale pub'. The food is always excellant, always friendly staff, amazing daily specials, non-pretentious atmosphere and a good wine selction. No problem's having a table of 7 laughing and having a good time.

It's located beside Sharkeys on the South side of Bloor 1 block East of Runneymede station.

I've taken a number of people here and have NEVER had any complaints. I would make a reservation as they are usually busy on weekends, specially for a table of seven.

You won't be dissapointed!

Enjoy! :)

mike

fuck going to dinner in bwv at all, none of the restaurants are really very good. dr. g's is ok, best for brunch. i'm not a huge fan of their dinners.
 

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
octo said:
toro! i just rememberred.
i was close ...

Sunshyne Jones said:
sharkey's sucks!! queen's pasta ... green mango ... those two are pretty ok. there IS an italian place that i haven't been to there called torro or terra or somethign like that, discussed in another thread about restaurants along bwv ... problem is most of the restaurants in that neck of the woods suck unfortunately. i just moved out of that neighborhood (for a different reason :) ) after having tried pretty much all of 'em. pretty good burgers at the yellow griffin.
 
Top