• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Resource or Asset?

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Alright I work in a circumstance that I refer to as ‘pimp whore john’. I’m a whore who codes for money, my pimp finds me John’s who can afford my high quality ass and in turn collects %30 of the top.

Well my current John decided that they like my services so much they wanted to offer my the job directly. They went and talked to my Pimp to ask if they could make me an offer and my pimp agreed on condition that they pay him out as he will be loosing an ‘asset’. I know this because my pimp took my for a nooner on Friday and explained it all to me.

Now the John calls me in and explains that they want to hire me on full time. I explain that although I enjoy performing my services for them I have just gotten out of a long term relationship and I’m happy keeping my options open.

They now stop “You know that ‘insert pimps name here’ refers to you as an asset and is only interested in your financial value to him."

Well now I’m perplexed, yes my pimp does refer to me as an asset, but my john refers to me as a resource. I view a resource as something that could be worth something if developed (think lump of rock with diamond in it) where as I think of the actual diamond as having real value and being an asset.

Which is worse, to be a resource or to be an asset? Ignoring the fact that either way I’m only in it for the money.
 

deevah

TRIBE Member
check out what each is willing to offer
you're in a position to negotiate

if you're looking to stay a ho, have your pimp take less of a cut
 

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
If I dump the pimp I have to leave the country and get a new work permit (my work permit is owned by my pimp). Technically I could be denied entry and loose everything in the deal. Then again technically at any time my pimp can have me tossed out of the country as well.

The deal I have is a good deal, but it doesn't help to know that the John like it so much they're wanting to buy in full time.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
I view a resource as something that could be worth something if developed (think lump of rock with diamond in it) where as I think of the actual diamond as having real value and being an asset.
If something could be worth money if developed, it's still considered an asset.

An asset can be tangible (like a building) or intangible (like the rights to a property).

Basically, "asset" is an accounting word and "resource" is an IT word.
 

deevah

TRIBE Member
are u under contract w/ the pimp?

if the john is willing to hire you (whether contract or perm), you'd come back to canada first (this is your nationality right?). Getting a new work visa is super easy if you have the job and the paper work is filled in correctly. Ya they'll mouth off to you @ the border but it's only once and then you're off. Get use to it.
 

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
AdRiaN said:
If something could be worth money if developed, it's still considered an asset.

An asset can be tangible (like a building) or intangible (like the rights to a property).

Basically, "asset" is an accounting word and "resource" is an IT word.
Either way I feel like a fucking cow being put up for auction. Isn't there a better term for a human being. I mean I have an easier time being called a man whore than an asset or a resource.
 

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
deevah said:
are u under contract w/ the pimp?

if the john is willing to hire you (whether contract or perm), you'd come back to canada first (this is your nationality right?). Getting a new work visa is super easy if you have the job and the paper work is filled in correctly. Ya they'll mouth off to you @ the border but it's only once and then you're off. Get use to it.
agreed. if the company wants you, they will help you get a work visa.
cut out the middle man!
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Caz

TRIBE Member
like Deevah said- You are in a position to negotiate. Think it through in terms of what you want long-term and exercise that.
 

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
if you take home more money working directly for the employer than your pimp and the company is willing to buy out your contract with him then do that. If you want to 'exercise other options' just quit and call back your pimp like the abused bitch you are. Now give me my money before I have to choke a bitch.
 

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I don't know. In the end my pimp did go through all the effort to recruit me, get the work papers and take a chance on me sight unseen. He has also invited me out to family functions, like for instance this weekend I went wake boarding at his cottage and ate beer butt chicken.

Yes he offers me nothing other than a check, but I also have nothing to do with office politics and if I don't like this John he'll find me the next one (no shortage of code perverts down here). I also like the fact that I was able to create my own job title with my pimp which works well on the resume.
 

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
You are going to have to post pics of both Pimp and John for this to make any sense. Will John want you to do ATM? Is this a pro or a con? What about CIA or A2A?
 

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
I don't know. In the end my pimp did go through all the effort to recruit me, get the work papers and take a chance on me sight unseen. He has also invited me out to family functions, like for instance this weekend I went wake boarding at his cottage and ate beer butt chicken.

Yes he offers me nothing other than a check, but I also have nothing to do with office politics and if I don't like this John he'll find me the next one (no shortage of code perverts down here). I also like the fact that I was able to create my own job title with my pimp which works well on the resume.
If you decide to stay on permanently he will be taking a bag to the bank when the company buys out your contract. He is a professional in his business and shouldn't take it too personally, especially while he is smoking hand rolled cigars in his new top of the line gasoline powered sweater. I am of course assuming this, maybe he is attached to you personally but i doubt it. Don't sucker yourself into paying a man 30k a year because he is nice to you. If you need him again I'm sure he will pick up where he left off and happily garnish your wages in exchange for the same services he has already provided you.
 
Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
i dont get this, does your work pay his fee, or do you?>
i should have read this thread, but i didnt read anything about hookers or sluts in the first sentence so i stopped reading
 

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Bass-Invader said:
damn, i have no tact at all.

no worries, however I have to give the many this. End of the day this is the best deal I have ever gotten by a solid %30 margin. On top of this acting as a contractor I only pay federal taxes no state taxes. Additionally he is paying my almost a full third of my salary as cash tax free (expenses).

So I'd be giving up insane low tax bracket with cash money and no long term commitments for sponsored worker status and a green card (down the line).

Even if they were to offer my %20 more I'd end up losing on the deal.

how can you lack tact in a thread where I refer to myself as a whore, my boss as a John and my employment agent as a pimp.

 

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
i dont get this, does your work pay his fee, or do you?>
i should have read this thread, but i didnt read anything about hookers or sluts in the first sentence so i stopped reading

My John pays my pimp, my pimp pays me after taking about %33 off the top.

However my pimp does all the accounting magic that makes my income appear %33 lower than it actually is. So without the pimp my income would go up but my real world payout might actually go down because of the taxes.
 

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
My John pays my pimp, my pimp pays me after taking about %33 off the top.

However my pimp does all the accounting magic that makes my income appear %33 lower than it actually is. So without the pimp my income would go up but my real world payout might actually go down because of the taxes.
does he ever have to use "upside your head" in your conversations?
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
No but after this weekend of wake boarding and starring at his 18 year old daughter in a bathing suit he's probably closer than ever. I mean shit she was wearing a bikini and has like 36D's
 

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
No but after this weekend of wake boarding and starring at his 18 year old daughter in a bathing suit he's probably closer than ever. I mean shit she was wearing a bikini and has like 36D's
i need to see pics of this daughter of which you speak, cause we all know assests and resources are just filthy liars
 

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
i need to see pics of this daughter of which you speak, cause we all know assests and resources are just filthy liars

LOL, I can just imagine how well that would have gone over. Hey Pimp can I take a few pics of your daughter to post on the internet for the boys back home.
 

jazzsax

TRIBE Member
you should tell your pimp you need to "hold his daughters assets" in your hands to "Weigh out your options". if he doesn't slap you, then stay with him. If he kicks your ass, take the deal.

36D ain't that bad. Ethically you might feel more comfortably trying to ride the pony if he isn't your master anymore...
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top