• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RESORT Reviews

sugar

TRIBE Member
Val, it's a shame for you to dismiss an entire country! I've been to Mexico three times and would go back in a second (just not to Cancun again). It's a huge country and has a lot of variety.

Bull Go Ki

TRIBE Member
How about Costa Rica?

I've been to Cuba, Mexico/cancun - and wanted to try somthing different.

Anyone go - how is it?

Also, would it be the best strategy to pick up tix week of as they will be cheaper?

thanks

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deveator

TRIBE Member
Costa Rica is nice. Just try and stay on the Atlantic coast because the pacific coast has black sand beaches and lots of jelly fish. You might be able to save booking last minute however you could also be shit outta luck since you have a specific destination in mind there is always the chance it could be sold out. Last minute is good when you don't really care where you go as long as it's 4+stars usually ends up being either cuba, DR, or mexico.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Wherever you go, folks. Just remember the two words that will make your trip really feel like a trip.

VACATION BRAIDS!!!!!!!!

Blao!

Blao!

BLAO!

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
That guy looks a little too tense and uptight to be on vacay.

One of these days I'm going to go through and count all the threads I've ruined here.

Bull Go Ki

TRIBE Member
deveator said:
Costa Rica is nice. Just try and stay on the Atlantic coast because the pacific coast has black sand beaches and lots of jelly fish. You might be able to save booking last minute however you could also be shit outta luck since you have a specific destination in mind there is always the chance it could be sold out. Last minute is good when you don't really care where you go as long as it's 4+stars usually ends up being either cuba, DR, or mexico.
thanks for the tip!

what part of Costa Rica would you reccomend?

- Liberia
- Playa Tambor
- Puntarenas

Most vacations seem to be in Liberia.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deveator

TRIBE Member
I don't know. I think the last time I was there I was in Puerto Limon which is on the carribiann sea. Liberia is on the other side - the pacific coast and like I said my mom told me that all the beaches were black volcano ash and the water was filled with Jelly fish - so much so that people weren't even swimming.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

thom100

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
Wherever you go, folks. Just remember the two words that will make your trip really feel like a trip.

VACATION BRAIDS!!!!!!!!

I've been growing my hair for four months in anticipation!

deveator

TRIBE Member
So what's everyones opinion on the 19 year old Canadian who "slipped" to his death last week in Mexico. His family is launching an investigation.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I'm thinking that the extra weight of beads in his hair may have prevented that accident.

Also, long braids are great for catching on things and slowing one's descent.

Freq Nasty is the official sponsor of vacation braids in the rave community.

deveator

TRIBE Member
or What if it was the extra weight of the beads that pulled him over while leaning out to far over the railing???

thom100

TRIBE Member
deveator said:
So what's everyones opinion on the 19 year old Canadian who "slipped" to his death last week in Mexico. His family is launching an investigation.

didn't hear about it, is it another person from woodbridge?
maybe mexico should ban bottle service.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
deveator said:
Costa Rica is nice. Just try and stay on the Atlantic coast because the pacific coast has black sand beaches and lots of jelly fish.
Totally untrue. In fact, the Caribbean side is usually grey sand, while the Liberial area is volanic black sand, but if you stay in the middle or south part of the Pacific Coast, it is the most glorious white sand beaches you can find. I have pictures to prove it. There's a reason why all the major tourist beaches are on the Atlanic side (jaco, etc).

I would never recommend doing a resort all-inclusive in CR though. Just book a flight and stay in a beautiful beach front place somewhere.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Bull Go Ki said:
thanks for the tip!

what part of Costa Rica would you reccomend?

- Liberia
- Playa Tambor
- Puntarenas

Most vacations seem to be in Liberia.
Liberia is a crapshoot for CR. Puntarenas is also the seediest part you can find in CR. And good lord, stay away from Jaco unless you want to be in a las-vegas type setting!!

In Costa Rica, the most beautiful beaches are found in the Mal Pais area. It's a little out of the way but well worth it.

deveator

TRIBE Member
Sorry you're right I can only speak for Liberia because that's where I went. I guess it is possible that further along the coast the beaches could be better. What about the jelly fish?