• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Repair/Hunsberger/Downer - Kitchener

casual

TRIBE Promoter
Repair/ Jay Hunsberger/ Eric Downer

Sat Feb 11 2006
Starlight Social Club
Kitchener.

Musically... Stellar night!

an always enthusiastic Eric Downer opening with dancefloor friendly minimal grooves - perfect sounds to get the crowd moving.

Jay Hunsberger once again delivered his unique blend of stripped down, dirty, vocal sample infused minimal glitch courtesy of Ableton Live.

and

Repair - well, holy fuck! not what you'd expect if you were to trainspot their past releases on sub-static. Their beats were suprisingly banging - very Detroit inspired. I was overly impressed

All artists started jamming together at the end - unfortunately I had to leave by this time - my loss.

Venue.

Starlight is a very nice space and I thought sound was excellent. The crowd was not neccessarily showing their love on the dance floor..their loss.

easy.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Donc

TRIBE Member
Yeah, Repair killed it! I was bown away. It was not what I expected.

All artists started jamming together at the end - unfortunately I had to leave by this time - my loss.

The jam didn't go long, maybe 15 minutes? It was fun, but I need a laptop: I only had about four sounds I could play that wouldn't make the other guys jump over the table and kick me in the neck....