• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Removing small dents from car doors?

B(.)(.)bytrap

TRIBE Member
Does anyone know of a good way to remove small dents from car door panels? The paint isn't scratched, and a body shop would cost way more than it's worth.

I've heard of people just using toilet plungers to pull them out - has anyone done this?

Or has anyone used that suction-cup contraption that they sell at Canadian Tire?

Someone help please. :)

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by B(.)(.)bytrap
Does anyone know of a good way to remove small dents from car door panels? The paint isn't scratched, and a body shop would cost way more than it's worth.

I've heard of people just using toilet plungers to pull them out - has anyone done this?

Or has anyone used that suction-cup contraption that they sell at Canadian Tire?

Someone help please. :)

The suction cup thing is only good for very large dents.

Small dents you're best to... do nothing.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
My friend owns a company that does this sort of work.. it's absoulutly brilliant you'll never know you had a dent. It's usually 75 or 50 for the first dent and then a lower rate after.

Dent Detail 905-424-1599 <-- call monday to friday 9-5.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by green_souljah

I have never, ever heard of a toilet plunger being able to pop steel.

I'm sure it works if the goal is to just pop steel...but I'm not sure if the result would be desirable. :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
There are paintless, dent repair business that specialize in this sort of thing. MUCH cheaper than a body shop, and they usually do a great job.
I know my Honda Dealership brings in a guy once a week, solely for this purpose.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
There are paintless, dent repair business that specialize in this sort of thing. MUCH cheaper than a body shop, and they usually do a great job.
I know my Honda Dealership brings in a guy once a week, solely for this purpose.
Thats probably my friend. lol He's got contacts all over.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
It's hard to get it back the way it was. Think of the skin on your door like a sheet of saran wrap- if you take your finger and push it into a sheet of wrap- it stretches and leaves a dent. That's what's happened to your car door- so now you've got more surface area than before and you're basically trying to "unstretch" the steel where its been dented- very difficult to do.

There are places that specialize in things like this, but unless you're heading out to Pebble beach then you might as well just leave it and accept the damages that are inevitable when you own a car. Its a car, it sucks if it doesn't look as pretty as the day you bought it- but if you want something pretty you should just invest in a crystal clock instead ;)