• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

removing a tongue ring

swenard

TRIBE Member
I'm thinking about removing my tongue ring and I was wondering if I can just pull it out and forget about it, or if I have to do something to it.ie:clean it.

Has anyone else removed theirs?

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
You need to do nothing.

But be fair thee warned, once it's out... it's out. That sucka will begin to close in a matter of minutes.

I've had mine out for four weeks and it's still open.

Depending on how long you've had the piercing, it can take months to completely heal over.

And you don't need to do anything, if you want it to heal, don't keep seeing if it's healed over by sticking anything up it.

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Maybe that's because of all the friction that tongue ring of yours has felt over the years :p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
I took mine out for about a month then put it back in...
But then again I've had mine almost 10 years and it's a 10g.

But it should heal withing a month or two if it's recent and a 14g.

pr0nstar

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
yeah once it's out that's IT!...

to be honest I thought it was a bit juvenile for me to have it still...I didn't even know I had it at one piont...it was taking up needed room in my mouth so I ditched it

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
I took it out and my mouth felt weird.

So I pick it back in.. honestly after all these years, I can't see me taking it out anytime soon.

pr0nstar :D

swenard

TRIBE Member
I'm looking forward to having mobility in my tongue again.

I think I will take it out in a few minutes.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Mine can be out for weeks at a time without a problem but as everyone else pointed out -- it depends how long you have had it. I take mine out for work during the week and put it in whenever i remember.

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
I have had my tongue ring for over 10 yrs...i had 3 holes in my tongue at one time for a while....around the 5 or 6 yr mark, I had no tongue rings in for over 4 months, and I still had my original hole open when i decided to wear one again...

I don't find that I have any mobility diferences with it in, or out...I can't get stuff out of my teeth as easily without it lol

I can still tie cherry stems in knots with it in....

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
I take mine out all the time... once for about 2 months... I had to give it a nice little push to get it back in but it went.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
all that talk about being able to put it back in is weird.. i swallowed mine along with some tuna in a sandwich, and it closed within 3 hours.. i didn't even get a chance to get another one.. I had mine for about 5 years? *shrug*

Jay

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by xtcfreak
i swallowed mine along with some tuna in a sandwich, and it closed within 3 hours...
I guess if it went through and came out the wrong way, you'd have your cornhole pierced for free.

Peer

TRIBE Member
I've had mine out for over 2.5 years and it's still open.

It varies greatly from person to person.

Ian

joey

TRIBE Member
The first time I took my out it closed up within a hour. I can take mine out now (10 hours is the most i've tried) and it's fine. Also, as long as you don't have it out for a real long time and decide you want it in again you can go in and ask them to re-stretch it....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders