• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

region 2 dvds?

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Is there any computer software out there that can read a dvd from any region when played in a pc, or is it limited to whatever region the drive has been set to read?

joey

TRIBE Member
so what I am asking is can I play a region 2 dvd on my home tv / surround sound home entertainment system. not computer....

skin deep

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
Is there any computer software out there that can read a dvd from any region when played in a pc, or is it limited to whatever region the drive has been set to read?
Yes there is, it's called DVD region decoder or something like that. You just open it, and it runs in the background and you can play any DVDs. If that's not the exact name, I'll have to check what it is when I get home.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

coleridge

TRIBE Member
joey said:
so what I am asking is can I play a region 2 dvd on my home tv / surround sound home entertainment system. not computer....

Some DVD players will allow you to play DVDs from outside of your region but will change your DVD player to that region. When you go back and play a DVD from your home region the player with switch back to this region. However, the player will only allow you to switch regions 3 times or something like that before it locks for good on that region.

You can buy hacked/grey market DVD players that ignore region codes.

I would assume that you have a DVD player that changes region a limited number of times. You'd probably be alright playing the DVD once.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain