• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

red light camera ticket!!!!

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
just got a ticket from one of those red light camera's

$180 showing me racing through a deep deep deep yellow but was in fact red.

if i just pay it will my insurance company get wind of a formal charge and screw me, or because there are no demerit points levied, no actual charge is noted and its like getting a parking ticket that doesnt affect your insurance?

Karim

TRIBE Member
it won't affect your insurance because there's no way for them to prove you were actually driving. Getting pulled over by a cop at least lets them verify the driver through an ID check.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
if you keep running red lights, one day you'll run over a small child, and spend the rest of your life in prison taking broom handles up the arse.

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
Karim said:
it won't affect your insurance because there's no way for them to prove you were actually driving. Getting pulled over by a cop at least lets them verify the driver through an ID check.
but my insurance is part of my company plan, theres about 4 vehicles on it, im one of like 8 people.

will it reflect on the rates at all then?

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
take it to court and use the "it wasnt me driving" excuse.

and on the red light camera note, i fucking wish there was one at yonge and sheppard with all the fucks running the red there

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Dr. Kyfer on Insurance

It will affect your driving record with your insurance company provided they request a new Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), if they do not then they will not find out. Most companies only pull MVR's when there's reason, IE you have a recent accident or there has been a history of tickets.

If you have a pretty clean record then you should be alright, however if your insurance company pulls MVR's every year they will find out about it. All convictions under the Highway Traffic Act are ratable on your insurance, basically everything aside from parking tickets.

If your renewal is coming up soon fight the ticket as your insurer will not see it till you have been convicted

if you need any other advice feel free to shoot me a PM

Kyfe

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Karim said:
you are wrong

kyfe

TRIBE Member
KodiaK said:
take it to court and use the "it wasnt me driving" excuse.

and on the red light camera note, i fucking wish there was one at yonge and sheppard with all the fucks running the red there
I encourage everyone to use this excuse, it is a great way to make friends in the courtroom and get laughed out of it. For the record it doesn't work, especially if the car is registered in your name, if that is the case the ticket will follow the owner of the vehicle.

In this case your company.

Gravid

TRIBE Member
I got my fine cut in half for basically going and saying yes I did go through the red light (which you cannot dispute anyway), BUT the road was wet and a truck was bearing down behind me. Mine was at the 401/Eglington exit so that reason made sense.

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
of course i didnt just run a red, i sped up for a yellow,
the ticket even states the timing, the light was red for 0.7 seconds before
i crossed the actual intersection, not the work of mario andretti and the civic nation.

Boo

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
I encourage everyone to use this excuse, it is a great way to make friends in the courtroom and get laughed out of it. For the record it doesn't work, especially if the car is registered in your name, if that is the case the ticket will follow the owner of the vehicle.

In this case your company.
You're contradicting yourself here.

First you say that it does affect your insurance, since it goes on your driving record. Then you say that if you argue that it wasn't you in court, you will get laughed at because the ticket will go to the owner of the car - in this case the company.

Well if the ticket goes to the company - then it wouldn't affect a person's driving record. HTA violations such as speeding tickets are assigned to driver's, not owners. Those that are asigned to owners, don't have no effect on insurance. ie parking tickets, no sticker etc, since you can't tell who the driver is, and whose drivers abstract to ammend.

In this case you just argued for the point of it not affecting your driving record or insurance. Say the company car has 15 different people that drive it, you are saying that it would affect everyone who drives the car's drivers abstract? Of course the owner of the car - the company - is not a person and has no driving record. Sure rates could go up, but there is no way to put on a 'record' that Synergy Corp ran a red light.

Last edited:

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Another point to consider ... most insurance companies will allow one minor conviction every three years without adjusting your premiums.

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
Boo said:
You're contradicting yourself here.

First you say that it does affect your insurance, since it goes on your driving record. Then you say that if you argue that it wasn't you in court, you will get laughed at because the ticket will go to the owner of the car - in this case the company.

Well if the ticket goes to the company - then it wouldn't affect a person's driving record. HTA violations such as speeding tickets are assigned to driver's, not owners. Those that are asigned to owners, don't have no effect on insurance. ie parking tickets, no sticker etc, since you can't tell who the driver is, and whose drivers abstract to ammend.

In this case you just argued for the point of it not affecting your driving record or insurance. Say the company car has 15 different people that drive it, you are saying that it would affect everyone who drives the car's drivers abstract? Of course the owner of the car - the company - is not a person and has no driving record. Sure rates could go up, but there is no way to put on a 'record' that Synergy Corp ran a red light.
i think you misread what he was saying because it was correct.

my family has 1 insurance plan under the family business, so all 4 cars are insured and about 8 of us can drive any of the 4.

any charges against any of us hits the group. im just not sure how much a charge like this would affect the entire group plan.

there is no charge to my personal liscence or demerit points from what im reading.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I ran a red once during that really freakin' HUGE storm in the fall.
The only thing I could do was SCREAM and HONK in anger AT MYSELF.

Then I went and bought the new Madonna cd.

That's my story.

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
I ran a red once during that really freakin' HUGE storm in the fall.
The only thing I could do was SCREAM and HONK in anger AT MYSELF.

Then I went and bought the new Madonna cd.

That's my story.
though you were really honking in anger at your gay self, the storm was just the trigger, the red light the spark and the screams your fuel.

strike a pose.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
AdRiaN said:
Another point to consider ... most insurance companies will allow one minor conviction every three years without adjusting your premiums.
untrue but somewhat correct.

no company offers forgiveness for tickets but each company has their own way of rating for them.

for example you can be a 6* driver with my company and have no prior convictions, you get a minor speeding ticket and are convicted.
Under the 6* guidelines you are allowed 1 minor conviction.
if you were an 8* you will drop to a 6* at renewal and premiums will increase under the same situation.

as you can see from above it depends on what rating you currently have.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Boo said:
OK who's MVR / Driver's abstract will they pull if a Young Driver's car runs a red light?

And who's record is affected?
To answer your question, I'd also suggest re-reading my post in great detail.

A car registered to your mother that you drive, in the context of this exact situation. you run a red and the camera sends a ticket to your mom. Why? because your mom is the registered owner of the vehicle and it's not like they can say oh look it's her son joey driving. you mom will be held responsible for this ticket and technically her insurance would increase.

His situation is no different, he got the ticket sent to him so he probably owns the vehicle or the company has identified him as the one driving - I don't know these details but the pure fact he has ther ticket in his hand tells me he is responsible and it will impact his insurance(or his companies)

now I'll say this again for you ANY VIOLATION OF THE HIGHWAY TRAFFIC ACT IS RATABLE ON ANY INSURANCE POLICY IN CANADA, regardless of what you may think. Parking tickets are not a violation of the HTA.

I hope this explains it better for you

Kyfe

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
judge wopner said:
just got a ticket from one of those red light camera's

if i just pay it will my insurance company get wind of a formal charge and screw me, or because there are no demerit points levied, no actual charge is noted and its like getting a parking ticket that doesnt affect your insurance?

Just tell the judge that you are Judge Wopner and that should pretty much take care of it...

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
if you were an 8* you will drop to a 6* at renewal and premiums will increase under the same situation.
Gotcha.

I was under the impression that a driver's star rating was affected only by at-fault accidents, not minor convictions.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
AdRiaN said:
Gotcha.

I was under the impression that a driver's star rating was affected only by at-fault accidents, not minor convictions.

it's the combination of the 2,

there are 3 classes of convictions
Minor - ie speeding under 49 km/hr, seatbelt, fail to have insurance card etc.
Major - ie. speeding 50+, careless driving, driving with no insurance
Criminal - DUI

all three are ratable and affect your driving record

Accidents there are 2 types of claims made
At-fault which are ratable ie you stike another vehcile making a left hand turn at an intersection
and
Not At fault which is usually Fire/Theft/Vandalisim claims (comprehensive) or Hit and run claims or accidents where you are not assigned fault (collision)

I hope this helps better explains how your insurance is impacted

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
judge wopner said:

Deep, deep, deep, yellow?

What kinda colour is that.

Like concentrated piss yellow?.........wait....piss yellow with blood since it was in fact red.