• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Red Bull....whats the deal...

Bosse

TRIBE Member
My friend uses this everytime she goes out now. I have heard its just an energy drink but she can go for hours on it. Is this some kind of nifty concoction or does it really work like that? Is it save to use to?

Stop Bill C-10

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
Wow. I was just about to make a thread complaining about the nice "energy drink hangover" I have today.

It's only safe in moderation really. It uses a drug called "taurine" which is a stimulant that will keep you up well after you are supposed to be. Usually served with Vodka, but other hard liquors work too. Use with caution and anticipate not sleeping for a while.

matt

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
I've went on a binge with them before and drank six in a night which was a terrible idea. I would recommend between one and three, well spaced out drinks in an evening.

matt

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bosse

TRIBE Member
ok nice thx matt, one last question, if you buy a reb bull in a bar do they serve you one full bottle of it? or does it vary from bar to bar?

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jennika
is there a difference between the bottles and the cans with potency?

The bottles are mostly what is available in Canada from my understanding. The cans are mostly available in the US, my gf's dad got me a case from the States in the summer.

The bottles will have a consistency closely resembling cough syrup (imo), while the cans are carbonated so they go down easier. "Hype" is another brand available (now served at Guv) and it is carbonated and therefore better IMO.

matt

*edit* they give you the full bottles because they are not very big. it works out to the same size as a typical mixed drink.

Rocky

TRIBE Member
I was also wondering about the warning on the label about drinking it with alcohol. I guess it's ok since I hear that that is what everyone drinks it with.

Is it ok to mix with alcohol?

JAR

TRIBE Member
I've drank several Red Bull bottles in one sitting (on more than one occasion) and didn't feel a damn thing. I don't get the hype.

Gunark

TRIBE Member
Isn't it just caffeine and lots of sugar? I don't think there's any mystery to it.

I drank about 7 or 8 once. The comedown is about as much fun as heroin withdrawl (I imagine).

xopus

TRIBE Member
over the summer, i work at a theatre camp in the states, often working upwards to 20 hours a day.
My crew consume a massive amount of red bull. The most ive seen someone drink at once, was 3 cans (after they had finished a 6 pack of dr pepper). He was going till about 6am (we started work at 8am), and then crashed so hard he had to sleep for about 20 hours.
I find that two cans, when you're starting to feel tired, will keep you going for another 3 or 4 hours.

max

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Gunark
Isn't it just caffeine and lots of sugar? I don't think there's any mystery to it.

Add in the power of the mind, i.e. PLACEBO effect, and WHAM-O, it's better than a speedball.

JAR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Add in the power of the mind, i.e. PLACEBO effect, and WHAM-O, it's better than a speedball.

see, that never worked for me when I tried it!

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
If you drink the surgar-free red bull, you won't get a massive hang over, just a less massive one.

Not sure if they sell the sugar free one in Canada though?

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
Don't drink 6 mixed with single and double shots of vodka in one night like I did. Just ask Blueker and Seeker...pain I tell you.

My stomach ate itself the next day.

XXX
Marian
:p

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by seeker
ha ha! :p

good with vodka... oh, did somebody mention that? have a banana

banana.gif

banana?

XXX
Marian
:p

quantumize

TRIBE Member
i've had it before

i really didn't feel much of an effect, i liked the taste tho. i had bottles of redbull with vodka

i think i had like 3 or 4 in a night a few times this summer. i didn't see the hype and went back to my other drinks