• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Recurring dreams and interpretation thereof

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Ever since they've put me on these meds, I have extremely vivid, long lived, interactive, conscious, repetitive dreams.

I know they're dreams, I know I'm asleep, I know I'm dreaming, and this goes on for hours every night. In many ways it's quite nice, I get about 40% more conscious time than usual, which, at this rate, means, if I live till say 70, I'll actually have lived to an equivalent of roughly 100, and 35 years of that in a perfect fantasy world.

But what's causing me consternation recently is that my dreams always involve a house. A very particular house with rooms and passageways between them. There never seem to be any actual people or characters in the house, just me moving from room to room; for no particular reason.

I imagine there are a wide variety of people on tribe and at least one of you must consider yourself skilled in dream interpretation. I'll relax my usual reason-bent mentality to listen to your response.

-jM
A&D

Stop Bill C-10

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Am I the house? I am the person moving through the house. Houses. Always colourful houses, with swimming pools and water. Lots of water.

I recall it as vividly as I recall a moment ago.

-jM
A&D

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Jungians like me would suggest that you are the house and different parts of the house are different parts of you.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Last night I dreamed I followed a bunny rabbit who was hopping along in my house near my ceiling. It went into the ceiling to see where it went and when I looked in there, a pile of raccoon were staring back at me in the dark, like this:

raccoons_dark.jpg

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
As an adult, can't remember the last time I actually had a really vivid and colourful dream.My dreams are usually very blurred or foggy and not very clear or sharp. However, when I was younger I recall almost all of my dreams were in sharp black and white. It wasn't until I was 14 years old that my family got our first colour TV that I stopped dreaming in black & white.

Growing up with a black and white TV 'makes you less likely to dream in colour' | Mail Online

The Splintered Mind: New Studies on Black and White vs. Colored Dreaming

It's actually funny because it's Christmas Eve and CBC is airing the colourized version right now of "Scrooge" 1951 version with Alistair Sim originally shown in B&W. I've never seen this in colour and I'd probably puke if I ever saw Jimmy Stewart's "It's a Wonderful Life" colourized version if they decide to ever air it again. Be warned it does exist and I would recommend avoiding the colourized version. ch33se

There's actually quite a bit on the internet on why people dream in colour and some in black and white. Apparently, the really young kids that only grew up on HDTV will have more vivid and colourful dreams than say a kid of the 50's who only grew up on B&W. Can't wait for the new generation of children that grow on 4K technology and hear what type of dreams they have because of their TV sets. LOL

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
This actually interests me, as I've been having recurring dreams for awhile now, in particular where I'm going to some destination (via bike, metro, car, whatevs), yet somehow I get off the beaten track, and *lost*, so I end up walking (as opposed to logically getting back on the metro/car/whatevs)...

walking through these familiar yet alien neighbourhoods/terrains, iel through strange yet familiar neighbourhoods, over an overpass, down a walkway in some park, looking for signs of familiarity that will tell me where I am.

It's quite fascinating. Of course, I've had these experiences in real life (I've ended up in strange neighbourhoods/areas trying to orient myself), but in my dreams, it's, well... more strange and surreal.....