1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Recovering from ACL surgery today...somebody cheer me up!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Chicago Kid, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Chicago Kid

Chicago Kid TRIBE Member

So, I'm basically confined to my bed for the next week and on crutches for a while. Got cut yesterday and today I'm in majoe fucking pain, so somebody say something funny.
    I'm also on tons of drugs, so I prob be easily ammused.

Chris :(

2. chooch

chooch TRIBE Member

Ouch Chris!
    How long is recovery for this....
    wish i had been able to meet with you during your last visit.
    shamed that i couldn't!

:(

get better!

3. SolChild

SolChild TRIBE Promoter

What's an ACL?

I broke my leg when I was 11 and my foot was facing backwards!
    Then it wasnt healing straight so they had to re-break it!
    so I feel your pain!

Cheers

4. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Anterior Crucial Ligament. Basically what holds the knee together.

get well soon dude.

5. Chicago Kid

Chicago Kid TRIBE Member

K - thanks. This is the same surgery that I had last Feb only on the other leg. I can start moving it and shit already, and I see my physio in a week, crutches for 2-3 weeks prob, major rehab and hopefully full recover 4-6 months.

Yeah, sorry about the long weekend, I called you back that Frioay night but the only number I had from you was your work number and all those nights I was out getting really fucked up. Capped the weekend with Labour of Love. NExt time fo' shizzle.

6. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

7. Chicago Kid

Chicago Kid TRIBE Member

Thanks guys...drink lots for me tonight and shake an extra leg for me on whatever dancefloors y'all are hittin' up. Yeah, T-3's can kiss my ass, this Percocet/Oxycodone is where it's at...had a rough night, but I'/m kinda floatin' right now.

Mark - how was the night? Claude was supposed to call me and I was maaaaybe thinking about it, but I had to leave for the hospital at 5am yesterday morn. How was the turnout...d'yall get crunk or what?

8. chooch

chooch TRIBE Member

oooh! so this means LOL was your last dance?! well, for at least 4-6 months? Geeezze!

are you seeing trails yet??

9. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

What surgery did you get CK?

I've read before about people getting the ACL's from cadavers if theirs is *totally* fucked and needed replacing.

And if you're taking oxy's or percs, make sure you ease off them and don't just stop cold turkey.

10. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

lucky!

you need no cheering up. ;)

11. Chicago Kid

Chicago Kid TRIBE Member

Nah, but I might throw a couple beers into the equation this afternoon to knock me the fuck out.

12. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

i guess ice-cream and jello doesn't really help in this kind of surgery

get well soon

[​IMG]

13. chooch

chooch TRIBE Member

LOL!

ride the line between sleep/awake...you'll come up with some awesome posts!

14. Chicago Kid

Chicago Kid TRIBE Member

Thanks Deevah and all - that guy looks like me, right leg he's got the cast on...same as where I;m all bandaged up.

Chronic dude - I got ACL reconstruction...partially torn meniscus and posterior corner repair. They did a graft from my existing pattelar tendon.

This is my third major surgery - first one was in Chicago in 2000 when I was still playing for DePaul and that was biceps femoris tendon, then, ACL on my left last year, now this...fucking pray for me that this is the end of my hospital experiences.
    At least on a good note, I came out of the anesthesia the best I've ever come out...no sick/nauseated feelings and I pissed like a racehorse at fly-time.

15. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

what do you do that you've blown out both knees and bicep? you are a pretty young guys still no?

oh and gws. My sis had that surgery and I remember her recovery was a little difficult

16. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

break a leg!:)

hope you feel better I know that hurts like a bitch

Kyfe

17. Chicago Kid

Chicago Kid TRIBE Member

Soccer - played all my life and was never EVER injured til five years ago...this time was bullshit though, as I had been totally cleared from my other leg and I just went to plant and receive a ball and my fuycking right leg buckeled out laterally and "popped." They said that it could've been a number of factors, anything from my diet to stress causing my brain to not react be miliseconds and shit.

My physio works with the national olympic U-23 soccer team, so I'm in good hands, but he's been telling me how they're seeing an alarming rise in ACL tears in young "healthy" people in non-competitive situations, especially younger girls/women.

This is IT for me!

18. ila

ila TRIBE Member

I tore my ACL when I was 18. Totally disgusting experience. My goalie even heard the pop of my knee as I collapsed.

I opted not to have the surgery because it wasn't a complete tear, but I feel for you. Knee injuries are the worst!

After about a year of physio, I could run all around on my knee with zero pain or unsteadiness.

So, chin up! You'll be up and about with no crutches in no time!

19. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

aye... sports. ;)

I've only got a bum ankle that I sprained numerous times in highschool.... It is ok until I try and run and within 5 steps it gives out and has like a mini sprain....

20. Chicago Kid

Chicago Kid TRIBE Member

Thanks for the support/encouragement peoples...I'm just anxtious to get healthy again so I can back in the gym and training and getting my fat ass fit again.

It just seems like such a long road ahead...and I know cuz I've been through it all before, BUT, I hate this down-time. I need ACTION in my life!

21. Chicago Kid

Chicago Kid TRIBE Member

You should get that checked dude...do it now while you're young. Strengthen those ankles...I had bad ankles til I went down to Chi to play college ball.

22. freshest1

freshest1 TRIBE Member

dude, hope you're feeling better soon. I have'nt talk to you in awhile; we still have to hook up for drinks and a mix some day. Oh, and the baby is coming anyday now, Ula is 2cm and getting contraction on and off. (still dont know gender) ill send pics when it comes.

justin

23. chooch

chooch TRIBE Member

Action = ?

24. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

Yeah I"ve been thinking about it.. this really only started happening in the last couple years.

25. ila

ila TRIBE Member

I can't exactly remember what my recovery involved, but I think I was allowed to swim with my legs like, tied to a bouey or something of that nature...so that I was doing all the work with my arms and getting the vital cardio in without farting up my knee again.