• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

records for sale on another board...

Simplistik

TRIBE Member
shhh...

figured i'd give you guys a heads up in case you were interested in what mr. bloch has for sale:

here
 
Last edited:

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
word to that slug.i can't understand for the life of me why so many djs who are also big producers support a system that in due time will destroy part of their livelihood.
 

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by OhNo!
word to that slug.i can't understand for the life of me why so many djs who are also big producers support a system that in due time will destroy part of their livelihood.

what's not to understand he says he doesnt want to carry vinyl anymore.

I'm picturing the globe trotting dj of the 22nd century now....very pale, no arm muscle development and over-sized ears...something to look forward to! evolution! (maybe carrying records aint so bad after all)
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
trevor i understand that aspect,but to me if bloch,hawtin,mills,carola etc. etc. etc. decide 'hey i don't wanna carry vinyl anymore',' but you regular joe you still buy my viynl ok' i begin thinking,fuck you pal maybe im gonna buy final scratch and start file swapping too.then the question is posed,where is the incentive to keep running a record label?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by OhNo!
trevor i understand that aspect,but to me if bloch,hawtin,mills,carola etc. etc. etc. decide 'hey i don't wanna carry vinyl anymore',' but you regular joe you still buy my viynl ok' i begin thinking,fuck you pal maybe im gonna buy final scratch and start file swapping too.then the question is posed,where is the incentive to keep running a record label?

you're a dork...










...if you thought my post was serious at all ;)
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
i wasn't taking your post serious at all trevor;) just this topic kind of really puzzles me,thats all.
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
group_hug.jpg
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
trevor i understand that aspect,but to me if bloch,hawtin,mills,carola etc. etc. etc. decide 'hey i don't wanna carry vinyl anymore',' but you regular joe you still buy my viynl ok' i begin thinking,fuck you pal maybe im gonna buy final scratch and start file swapping too.then the question is posed,where is the incentive to keep running a record label?

Nah dood you got it all wrong - it should read "hey I don't wanna carry vinyl anymore, but you regular joe can still buy my music

The incentive to keep running a music label is that you put out music and people may or may not enjoy it, but in either case you enjoy making it. The medium is not the message.

The question should be .. as Deep has posed, and as some of us will soon find out, how will the record label become a music label. To find out, I would check out www.bleep.com.

Oh yeah and don't forget to listen to the Arcola releases, they f*ckin' rock!

odbx -> proud user of FS.
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmyth
Nah dood you got it all wrong - it should read "hey I don't wanna carry vinyl anymore, but you regular joe can still buy my music

The incentive to keep running a music label is that you put out music and people may or may not enjoy it, but in either case you enjoy making it. The medium is not the message.

The question should be .. as Deep has posed, and as some of us will soon find out, how will the record label become a music label. To find out, I would check out www.bleep.com.

Oh yeah and don't forget to listen to the Arcola releases, they f*ckin' rock!

odbx -> proud user of FS.

now i realise todd that people who own a label do it for the love,but when this technology expands and gets in the hands of your average dj,do you think he is going to run out and buy $50-100 worth of vinyl every thursday? Or is he gonna be busy file swaping and getting tracks for free?If they see high-profile producers doing it,why would they be expected not to? to think that this won't have any affect on the record industry is absurd,sorry todd get your head outta the sand;)
 

bambam

TRIBE Member
there'll still be a whack of music that didnt make the leap from vinyl to cd or digital...and those who are still into music will still seek them out and buy them....cds didnt kill vinyl, what makes you think mp3s/digitisation will? I dont dj or anything, but that doesnt mean i dont buy records for my own enjoyment, despite the fact that i use mp3 players, cds and other forms of digital audio.
:p
pandoras box thread...same old tired stupid arguments.. is anyone else sick of this debate?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

blipblurpbleep

TRIBE Member
i know i can't speak for everyone...but i would most definately use a service such as www.bleep.com for a couple reasons:
1. i am supporting the artist.
2. i am ensured that the file i'm downloading is of the highest quality (which is very important using FS).
4. it's dirt cheap.
3. i am ensured that everything is labled correctly (of minor importance, but makes organizational freaks like myself happy).

sure i'm downloaded a number of tracks myself but 9 times out of 10 i'll go buy the record if i like it.
 

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by blipblurpbleep
sure i'm downloaded a number of tracks myself but 9 times out of 10 i'll go buy the record if i like it.


sure yah will....

lie to yourself all yah want - don't you dare lie to us tribe folks. :p
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by blipblurpbleep
sure i'm downloaded a number of tracks myself but 9 times out of 10 i'll go buy the record if i like it.

As will I. I dl it and if it's good I look for the vinyl, if it's uber gay than it's deleted. If I can't find the vinyl anywhere for sale then it's "archived". I aint about to delete something if I want it and can't find the vinyl for sale.

Soulseek has cost me a fortune. no one has lost money on me dl'ing mp3's I can tell y'all that :p
 

blipblurpbleep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by isoprax
Soulseek has cost me a fortune. no one has lost money on me dl'ing mp3's I can tell y'all that :p

slsk has cost me more money than it has saved me...
i don't live near any record stores so i have to buy most of my vinyl online. without slsk i wouldn't buy half as much because i wouldn't be able to pre listen..
 

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
ha

That statistic you read about now and then about mp3 dl'ers actually buying more than people who don't dl mp3's only sounds like bullshit if you don't dl mp3's.

From my experience it's so freaking expensively true. I'm able to hear shit that no online store has a sample of. I'm able to listen to the whole thing a few times at my own pace and let it grow on me. I've found several old/new labels and artists that I otherwise would not have found ever or possibly not at all....

mp3's rock. dl'ing em rocks more. finding the shit on vinyl and buying it from some crazy place like "jack's basement of cool tunes" in Bangor Maine is a pain in the ass but so worth it when you lay that sucker down while playing.
 
Top