• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Recommendations on Chicago....

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Leaving on Monday for business for a few days. Need to know if there's anything specific I should be checking out. Namely record stores :D

As well, any recommendations on cool places to eat, clubs to hit on a weeknight, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

swenard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by *SiLver*RoBoT*
Leaving on Monday for business for a few days. Need to know if there's anything specific I should be checking out. Namely record stores :D

As well, any recommendations on cool places to eat, clubs to hit on a weeknight, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

My favorite chain to eat at when I'm in the states,especially Chicago, is the chessecake factory.

When ever I'm in Chicago I eat there.

shawn

swenard

TRIBE Member
As far as clubs go, I don't know. Whenever I'm there I get dragged out to Jazz clubs. Chicago is very big with Jazz clubs.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
There was a good article in URB mag a few months ago re: Chicago and the birth of house.

Their recommendations for record stores are:
- Gramaphone (2663 N Clark St) www.gramaphonerecords.com)
- Beat Parlor (1635 N Damen)
- Supreme (1459 N Milwaukee)

Check out www.purefuture.com for some club listings, etc.

I haven't been to ChiTown in a few years but it is one of my favourite cities. There is always soo much going on.

Have fun.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Trini

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by buggs
Isn't the crobar in chicago, susposed to be an amazing club similar to industry.
I expect a review when you get back.
Have Fun!

One of the better clubs I have been to.
haven't been there since '99 tho.

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by buggs
Isn't the crobar in chicago, susposed to be an amazing club similar to industry.
I expect a review when you get back.
Have Fun!
what? in your 21 years of partying experience you havn't been to crobar? shame on you pest...er....buggs...shame on you. :p

Trini

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rosey

what? in your 21 years of partying experience you havn't been to crobar? shame on you pest...er....buggs...shame on you. :p

but have you been to the one in Miami???

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Trini

but have you been to the one in Miami???
me? i've never been out of canada (for partying purposes), i'm just ragging on the pest's new username.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Sweet, thanks for the club tips - looks like my monday will consist of hearing Lego and Mark Grant at Red Dog. Doesn't look like many clubs are open Tuesday or Wednesday. Might check out House Of Blues as well.

Someone else told me the Cheesecake Factory is really good.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

defazman

TRIBE Member
And try to fit in a trip to the Chicago Art Institute. That painting from Ferris Bueller's Day Off is there.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
I actually want to visit the museums there, but they all apparently close quite early, so I won't have any time, since the purpose of the trip is to visit the newspaper there.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*