• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Recommend some Rollerblades.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Well, its about time I retire my old K2 blades, having cost me over $400 dollars and lasted me about, 8 years -- I think I can safely say I got my value out of them.

That being said, I now need a new pair - but not looking to shell out that same amount of money again.

Who's making good skates these days? Looking for something that

a: can fit wide feet comfortably, that was my biggest complaint with my old ones, too narrow
b: Hard shell / good support
c: Preferably not lace up, or if lace up - easy lace up that still provides good support (K2s were lace with one buckle at the top, and always found it to be a bitch to get it to have enough support)
d: good airflow
e: Good for 'getting around'

Mostly using them for leisure, I dont play roller hockey, or do crazy tricks or anything, mostly would be using them for skating around town / getting around, so an easy/smooth ride where I dont need to put in loads of effort to pick up a good speed (although I know thats more wheels/bearings)

Price, would probably be looking at around $200ish give/take a little. (Is 200ish reasonable for a midrange even anymore?) -- not looking for super top-end, but I dont want ghetto zellar skates that break in a year either.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Salomon > K2 > Everything else. Although Salomon and K2 are in close contention.

The more money you spend, the longer they will last.

zoo

TRIBE Member
i grabbed k2s for $200 or so, and they fit / roll like a dream compared to my old oxygens (which are now like, 6 or 7 years old)

(i still keep the oxygens around for sandy/rocky terrain though, <3 those skates forever)

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

videotronic

TRIBE Member
salomon isnt necessarily better than k2

most skates at the same price point are very comparable in terms of specs and quality.

that being said, if you have flintstone feet youre DEFINITELY going to want to look at salomons, as theyre built on a much, much, much wider last than all k2s are

look at something like the motion 7.0...theyll probably run you around $239 or so and have ILQ7 bearings, 84 mm wheels and a nice quicklace system on your instep that will be easy for you to do up

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Whats the deal with bearings? last time I got skates, it was like, ABEC3/4/5/etc .. whats ILQ7 and all that jazz?

but, those motion 7.0's look good, and around the price I'm looking at, just a tad over - but thats not that big of a deal, esp if they'll be lasting me for many years to come.

Last edited:

BreakzBroad

TRIBE Member
Salomon's definately! I have the XTR MAGs/04 and they're awesome. Check out sport Chek cuz they usually have last year models on for super cheap. I used to work there and got my $499 blades for $150. (with a slight staff discount tho, but they were still on for $199)

I hooked Chuckie up with a pair of blades, XTR speedsters i think? He seemed to like em'.

K2's are good too, but in comparison i like sAlomon the best

*jeN*

The Peej

TRIBE Member
You can't get the lace ups to support? Hard boot for the buckling ankles?

B.B.!!! You are weak like giiirly man looosah!!!

Gimme a hybrid or soft boot with aaaaaalll laces baby! Mmm Mmmm! I need to blades too, badly!

Your ankles are weak from lack of Dancing!

Meet me at Kabin on Friday the 21st Bitch! w00t w00t!

Threej

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
is rollerblade not a brand of inline skates?

so when you say rocommend rollerblades are you implying that you want someone to recommend a particular model of rollerblade inline skate?

gollum

TRIBE Member
videotronic said:
salomon isnt necessarily better than k2

most skates at the same price point are very comparable in terms of specs and quality.

that being said, if you have flintstone feet youre DEFINITELY going to want to look at salomons, as theyre built on a much, much, much wider last than all k2s are

look at something like the motion 7.0...theyll probably run you around $239 or so and have ILQ7 bearings, 84 mm wheels and a nice quicklace system on your instep that will be easy for you to do up
When I bought mine, I was told the only real difference between comparable k2's and saloman's is that the soloman's are made wider.

So basically just choose based on comfort.

After having about 4 pairs of blades, my last and current pair are K2's that I bought in 2000. They were 179$, apec 5 bearings, still have the original wheels (although I should have replaced them 2 years ago, they now come to points).

I love these blades and will never buy another companies blades.

Not a single complaint. No sense buying anything cheaper because they just won't be comfortable.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
ev said:
is rollerblade not a brand of inline skates?

so when you say rocommend rollerblades are you implying that you want someone to recommend a particular model of rollerblade inline skate?
Even though rollerblades are an actual brandname, However, rollerbladeds are generally accepted / used to describe inline skates in general, much as Kleenex is generally accepted for tissue papers.

If you asked someone "can you pass me a kleenex" and they had a box of scotts tissues next to them, would they stop and correct you "no, you mean the scotts tissues dont you?"

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
kaniz said:
Even though rollerblades are an actual brandname, However, rollerbladeds are generally accepted / used to describe inline skates in general, much as Kleenex is generally accepted for tissue papers.

I disagree.
everyone I know calls them inline skates.

I think you owe Rollerblade Inc and appology.