• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Recommend ONE album from 85-95

Operator

TRIBE Promoter
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders

Sick album.. Start to finish. This is hip hop IMO.

De La Soul - 3 feet high and rising

Again, so many good tracks!

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
So many to choose from. On the more popular elements, I'd say LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out. I know every track on that album, so good but so popular at the same time.

For the more deep rooted hip hop fanbase, I'd say Business As Usual by EPMD. One of the first CD's we ever owned. I don't remember this album as well as the Cool J's, but had a huge impact nonetheless.

A friend recently told me its rare to to buy/find EPMD albums in North America, prolly from the obvious cover of said album.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
zorak said:
i know this album is legendary or whatever but i can't stand it. it basically defines "le boring" imo.
you've got to be kidding me... you can say you don't like it... but boring?

what I don't understand even more is why people insist on putting "le" in front of words.

Tony Bandana

TRIBE Promoter
Operator said:
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders

Sick album.. Start to finish. This is hip hop IMO.

De La Soul - 3 feet high and rising

Again, so many good tracks!
I always thought Tribes First Record and Low End Theory were far better the Midnight Mauraders

especailly Low End Theory, anyone else agree?

Eye Know of 3 Feet is one of the greatest tracks though.

:D

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
^^^ cool seeing you on the streetcar yesterday...

yeah I have tons of people on my msn who use 'le' ...you just get used to it :D

Ok. Back to business at hand.

Panday

TRIBE Member
Alot of my favourites have been covered in here, but Reasonable Doubt, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, and Liquid Swords all deserve some attention.

And if I had to pick, it'd be the Jay-Z shit.

playhouse

TRIBE Member
All excellent choices thus far... I gotta listen to those Diamond D and Lord Finesse records, but the others are pretty much certified classics.

Might I suggest:

This group really got me into hip hop when I was a kid... I started with Fear of a Black Planet and worked backwards, but there's no question that this is their masterwork.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Tony Bandana

TRIBE Promoter
playhouse said:
All excellent choices thus far... I gotta listen to those Diamond D and Lord Finesse records, but the others are pretty much certified classics.

Might I suggest:

This group really got me into hip hop when I was a kid... I started with Fear of a Black Planet and worked backwards, but there's no question that this is their masterwork.

ya thats the greatest record all time right there.

nice job with the Group Holme pick as well..Livin Proof is one of my all time fav. tracks

:D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders